Hello I'm new!

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by Amy Cornet, Feb 13, 2008.

1. Amy Cornet

Amy Cornet New Member

This is my first post on here. I've been meaning to register for ages and finally done it!

I play cornet to a reasonable 2nd section standard and hope one day to play for one of the big bands in Yorkshire or the North West.

Must go, will make some more posts soon.

2. steve butler

steve butler Active Member

Ayup Amy, tha must start towking like this if tha wants to come up to gods own county one day. And plenty of practice will help.
    Welcome to tmp
    Sithee later
  3. Amy Cornet

Amy Cornet New Member

Ha ha, thanks Mr B! I must remove the plum from my mouth first to do both of those things!!
  4. BrotherBone

BrotherBone Member

Haha, welcome aboard Amy. Hope you make it like you hope. Who do you play for at the moment? x
  5. Robhibberd29

Robhibberd29 Active Member

A up Amy Tha needs to listen to Mr B he's a wise un!
    As usual the trom section are the ones to welcome new members I see...well and Mr B god bless im
  6. BrotherBone

BrotherBone Member

Coz us trom players are the salt of the earth methinks ;) always the ones to be making fools of ourselves in the name of entertainment hehe
  7. Robhibberd29

Oh yes we appear to excel at that, although it's not always intentionally!
  8. MissRepiano

MissRepiano New Member

I'm here to stick up for cornets!!! Troms = 'Salt of the earth'?! Pah!

Cornets rule, we're elegant and have great finese! Don't you agree Amy? Welcome by the way!
  9. Robhibberd29

Elegant and great finesse??? Who you kiddin!!! Rep and Sop yes but not tutti cornets! Have you seen the neighbours video!
  10. MissRepiano

MissRepiano New Member

You obviously have to see us to believe us! We are great!

Not sure what you mean about the neighbours video though?
  11. lilz

lilz Member

:D im a horn
    i offically rule sayz moi...well not me personbally.,..but i am dying my hair underneith pink tomo...and havin my second driving lesson ever tomos...1st was really good btw, went like half a mile and he made me drive, ended up drivin all round the citry of leicestaaa in my 1st lesson and made me smileeeee:D and i know it was me most the time cos when i pressed the cluch n breack it did stuff amnd motha sed if im rabbish then when i go to press it he would have already done it, howeva im reabbish at steering...errrrrr i soiund big headed ..im not ....i cant drive,just enjoyed me 1st lesson....n lookin 4ward to me second bt will proboily go down hill sooonneyyyy
    you know when you realise ylu just rote a whole lotta stuff when back from a night out in a thread that it doestgnt ,mean anythong to qa nd probobly doesnt make sence,....sorry website but i jus wekll did trhat
    younb should probo.y delete this wen you com eon here because i hav a habot of goin online after a night out :D
  12. Amy Cornet

Amy Cornet New Member

yeah I agree, us cornets are best! ;-)
  13. emziesonic

emziesonic Member

Cornets? nooo
    always the horns!!
    Not being biast or anything :biggrin:
    Oh and welcome Amy Cornet:hi
  14. Robhibberd29

See the Harold Bishop thread!
  15. Abs

Abs New Member

Cornets Rule!
  16. brassbandmaestro

brassbandmaestro Active Member

Heya Amy. Welcome. I am sorry to dissapoint everyone here, that as far as I am concerned, the best , or instruments in the band is the the bass section. We are rock solid!
  17. Euphoniums! Gods instrument! lol! :tup :tup :tup
  18. MissRepiano

MissRepiano New Member

Rock solid Basses? God's instrument the euphonium? How can you possibly compare those cumbersome, bulky things to the amazing delicate light-weight beautiful sounding cornet?!
  19. sop 1

sop 1 Member

i agree! :)
  20. brassbandmaestro

brassbandmaestro Active Member

Sorry guys! I still say basses are best!! Rock solid(despite their bulkiness they ae amazing as well!!)