Hello - I am Pete

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by SuperMosh, Jun 22, 2006.

1. SuperMosh

SuperMosh New Member

Keep meaning to do a post here so I have now.

I am Pete, 28, from Uttoxeter which is in the middle of nowhere next to nothing. I play for Gresley Colliery Band (our website should like out of my signature). I mainly tMP when I should be working - I work for Connexions (www.connexions.gov.uk) and am based in a social services team in Nottingham. As I am the only team member with internet (I need it for the database we use - should get theMusicMan to run ours - it would work a lot more!) it is sometimes a fight to get on my own PC as other people use it for shopping and such like.

I am married, have a three year old son and a big camp labrador called Barnie. I also do our band's website, which is nice. Talking of which, if you or your band want a straightforward, hassle free and extremely reasonable web hosting package then message the musicman...it is great.

That's me, I have introduced myself, thanks.

Pete :)

2. theMouthPiece Related Searches

Find more discussions like this one
    Pete
    Uttoxeter
    website
    PC
    people
  3. PeterBale

PeterBale Moderator Staff Member

Hi Pete,

I've split this into a thread of its own to save any confusion!

4. elizabeth connor

elizabeth connor New Member

Hello Pete
    I'm Liz - I'm 33 and like you i have a 3 yr old son - no pets - one 3yr old is enough thanks! Note you work for Connexions - i have contact with them through my work in Bolton Lancs - i am playing cornet and flugel at the moment - my little boy can buzz like a trouper and get a cracking bottom C ... and they say i'm a pushy mother!! : )
    Happy playing.....
    Liz

5. SuperMosh

SuperMosh New Member

Hi Liz

I can only hope you have good contact with my mortgage payers and not in an OFSTED capacity (other QUANGOs are available - please ask for written details)!!!

Pete

6. elizabeth connor

elizabeth connor New Member

Hi Pete ... don't you just love ' New Labour ' ??? !!! : )

Liz

7. Flutey

Flutey Active Member

Hi Pete, I'm Laura, I'm 14. I have a 28 year old brother who lives in Uttoxeter and a three year old nephew. ;) I also live in the middle of nowhere but i'm the other end of the country to my big bro. I live in an area which is not too fondly known an Chavtown (my brother and I love chavs :rolleyes:) . I'm not a brass player (please don't all come looking to kill me) but I play flute. have been playing for three years and am in Sutton Youth Flute Choir and Sutton Youth Wind band (see www.suttonmusicservice.org.uk). And by the way, Pete is my brother in case nobody guessed. Well, brass aren't as intelligent as woodwind! :D

8. Mr Guinness

Mr Guinness Member

Quite right Laura, brass people definitely thicker than woodwind generally. However, percussionists are by far the most intelligent of all.

Oh, and by the way - if I had a brother like mosh - i'd be the opposite end of the country too!!!
    Only joking Pete, you big lardy tub of love.

9. Flutey

Flutey Active Member

Pete is a big lardy tub of love. Fair enough. But how do you (I assume you're a guy) know about the love?! I'm slightly worried about my brother's sexuality now! Sorry Pete, only joking!

10. ian perks

ian perks Active Member

So thats your name i thought it was Mosh:biggrin:

11. Mr Guinness

Mr Guinness Member

There's a lot of love in Gresley Band Laura - and not least from Pete. He's a very attractive man.:eek:

12. theMouthPiece Related Searches

Find more discussions like this one
    Pete
    Uttoxeter
    website
    PC
    people
  13. Flutey

Flutey Active Member

Awww how sweet. If only there was that much love in Sutton! We generally love each other but have a strange way of showing it... there is a reason that Sutton is so fondly known as 'Slutton'! I know that Pete's full of love! He's my big brother and has to have a lot of love to put up with me!

14. brassdorf

brassdorf New Member

Brass people may be thicker than woodwind Shippo, but percussionists have to be the thickest!! Anyone can bang a few saucepans together and call it music!! And I know you play more than percussion, what about the trombone, I thought I'd heard you could play one?? :D And I'm so happy cos I'm off for a few bowls of moules et frites after the barbie on sunday night!!!

15. Flutey

Flutey Active Member

Exactly what I say! The hierarchy is woodwind, then brass, then percussion! But where do strings fit in?

16. Mr Guinness

Mr Guinness Member

Slutton???? Blimey - where's my flute, I'm joining.:biggrin:

17. Mr Guinness

Mr Guinness Member

I was a violinist first, then trombone, then drums - with a bit of piano thrown in for good luck. Let's face it - one way or another, I can't be thickest!!
    And I'm incredibly handsome too. :wink:

18. Flutey

Flutey Active Member

Come and join then. Make it even more lively! But... its all YOUTH stuff... and judging by the MR Guiness, I would say you're a little older than us! Come and be a tutor instead! :biggrin:

19. brassdorf

brassdorf New Member

I s'pose compared to the midget sop player you are incredibly handsome! But when you go up against the bass section there's no contest!:D:D

20. Flutey

Flutey Active Member

Incredibly handsome? I have seen your photo.Muahahahaha. I have seen uglier people though!

21. Mr Guinness

Mr Guinness Member

I take your point.
    I'd like to point out however, that I am actually pulling a face on that photo. I might be ugly - but I ain't that ugly!!!!:cool:

Unlike bass players of course, who are generally quite unattractive children, and grow to be Shrek lookalikes in most cases.

22. Mr Guinness

Mr Guinness Member

Decided to change my photo for a slightly better one of me. Does me a lot more justice I think.