Hello from the East Riding

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by Morebackrow, Feb 15, 2012.

1. Morebackrow

Morebackrow New Member

I am David Vivian from South Cave an exile of the Heavy Woolen District (Mirfield). Used to 1976-83 play sop for St John Fisher school band Dewsbury, Dewsbury Music centre and Gomersal Mills. Never had my own instrument so stopped on going to university 1983. Now 2 years into my comeback playing on the Backrow with East Riding of Yorkshire Band amazed to see what a lively Band scene there still is and looking forward to my third north of England regional in March. I work as a dentist and try to find some time to ride various bicycles. I have been following the board for a while so though it was time to say hello.

2. theMouthPiece Related Searches

Find more discussions like this one
    East Riding
    St John Fisher
    Dewsbury
    Dewsbury Music
    David Vivian
  3. DMBabe

DMBabe Supporting Member

Hello! Have fun and most people here don't bite! :hi

4. bbg

bbg Member

Hello from sunny Scotland.....all the best at the Regionals, my mole in your band tells me preparation is going well?

5. Bassboner

Bassboner New Member

Glad you are enjoying your playing,greetings
    from the Midlands:)

6. euphojim

euphojim Member

Welcome to TMP David - hope you find lots of interest. It would be nice to see more ERoYB Members visiting and sharing in the discussions.

7. agentorange

agentorange Member

Hi from all just down the road at EYMS. We have a handful of West Yorkshire exiles in the ranks too.

8. cornyandy

cornyandy Member

Hello Cave is not that far from me at Holme on Spalding Moor (in fact I'm that way quite often at Drewton's Farm Shop) I play with the Golden Rail (non contesing side of York RI). All the best for Darlington