Hello from (sort of) sunny Easbourne

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by toffter, Mar 14, 2009.

1. toffter

toffter New Member

Hi Guys and Girls,
    BIG hello from me, way down south in Eastbourne. I play sop with LGB, and have been a spectator of the mouthpiece for too long now, so decided to take the plunge.
    Looking forward to Stevenage next weekend (although being slightly nervous at the same time). I think "The Once and Future King" is a cracking piece to play, with lots of passages you find yourself humming along to.
    I helped-out Horsham last night on sop at their practice, who were rehersing "Pentacle", and although they played it very well, I still can't remember how the piece goes!!
    Hope you guys don't bite.

2. Bungle

Bungle Member

Hi Chris,
    Welcome. Glad to hear LGB are still going to Stevenage, I thought they were going to be short of basses as they were desperate enough to ask me, but rehearsal nights clash. Looks like I'm not even going to be able to do Lewes bonfire night with LGB this year as it is on a Thursday. Good luck next weekend and I might see you on Eastbourne bandstand this year if I dep.

Sunny Hailsham
  3. Jan H

Jan H Moderator Staff Member

Hello Chris,
    Congratulations for finally joining ;)
    Good luck in Stevenage next week!

4. toffter

toffter New Member

Hi Geoff, nice to her from you.
    Thanks for the good lucks for next weekend, i just hope we have a better result this year, as the two previous years attempts were not quite so spectacular!!
    You're always welcome to come for a blow at LGB, were a very welcoming band.

See you soon.
  5. andywooler

andywooler Supporting Member

You did at least get noticed by 4BR last year though! ;)
  6. toffter

toffter New Member

Hi Andy,
    Ah yes, the statuesque brass band version of "Lotts Wife" comment. Truth be told, after playing the fff top B at the end of "Dark Side of the Moon", if I HAD have moved, I would have fallen off my chair, the room was spinning that much!! (Don't think the dizzy experience should really happen some how)
  7. rikster

rikster New Member

Hi again Chris, Can I wish you and everybody at LGB all the very best at Stevenage next week.
    Hope to see you in the bar afterwards.
  8. jockinafrock

jockinafrock Active Member

Hulloooo Chris!

Since you've been an ardent watcher I'm sure you've already sussed who'll bite, and who'll swallow you whole without batting an eyelid or choking... ! :lol: ;)

Anyway - greetings, and many happy postings! :hi