Hello from Minnesota

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by GEN, Jul 10, 2008.

1. GEN

GEN New Member

Hi, everybody!

I've been playing in the Sheldon Theatre Brass Band for about 4-5 years and enjoying it thoroughly. It's based in Red Wing, Minnesota, which is about a 50-mile drive each way. I became aware of brass bands when I was in high school, back in the 1960's, but didn't have an opportunity to play in one until moving to Minnesota. My official position is 2nd tenor horn, but I move to other chairs as necessary, sort of like the utility infielder on a baseball team (played first trombone last summer, first baritone this summer, principal cornet and principal euphonium at other times in the past).

Professionally I work for Unisys developing computer software. My area is security, and I'm in the operating system group.

I also enjoy volunteering for community television productions (since 1992), directing a swing band (http://www.rosevillebigband.org, since 1989), composing, and showing cats (currently focusing on Maine Coon cats).

Cheers!

2. theMouthPiece Related Searches

Find more discussions like this one
    Sheldon Theatre Brass Band
    Minnesota
    Red Wing
    Minnesota Hi
    summer
  3. ALLROUNDER

ALLROUNDER New Member

Hello and Welcome to TMP

Just wanted to say welcome and I hope you enjoy the site, I'm new to posting has taken me a while to get round the site but now i understand it as they say

"practice makes perfect".

:biggrin:

4. Jasper

Jasper Member

Welcome aboard.....enjoy your time here......you really have been around the chairs havent you! From an (ex) Unisys UK guy

5. StellaJohnson

StellaJohnson Active Member

Hello, hope you have lots of fun on tmp!
    Stelxx