Hello from Michigan

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by gbshelbymi, Apr 9, 2014.

1. gbshelbymi

gbshelbymi New Member

Hi, all. I play Soprano in the Motor City Brass Band, in the Detroit, Michigan suburbs. I've been playing in the band for a little over a year, and it's been a fantastic experience. We are excited about our upcoming performance this weekend in the North American Brass Band Association (NABBA) National Championships, which is being held in Grand Rapids, MI. We're proud that there are 6 bands from Michigan, including our Youth Band, participating in the competition this year. Our test piece is Gregson's Connotations. We can't talk about our elected piece until after the competition, to protect anonymity per NABBA rules. I'll fill you all in later.

Looking forward to immersing myself even further in the Brass Band experience, and looking forward to getting to know you all better, at least virtually.

2. theMouthPiece Related Searches

Find more discussions like this one
    Michigan
    North American Brass Band Association
    Motor City Brass Band
    Michigan Hi
    Detroit
  3. euphoria

euphoria Member

Welcome and good luck in the championships!

I played Connotations at our nationals many moons ago.
    I remember my 4th valve broke down during the performance, but I have fond memories of the piece.

It's great to see more and more American bands in the championships.

Cheers Erik

4. bsdunek

bsdunek New Member

Welcome from Howell, Michigan. Hope you do well at the Championships in Grand Rapids. My Wife played there about 12 years ago and it was a fantastic experience. She was with the Kellogg Community Band in Battle Creek.

5. DublinBass

DublinBass Supporting Member

Hey up from Ohio. We don't normally like people from your state ;-) but I've been impressed with the growth of brass banding up there! Oakland, 5 Lakes, Capital City, Motor City, MCYBB...lots of good stuff going on (and many good performances this past weekend!!)