Hello from me to you...

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by Naomi McFadyen, Jul 7, 2005.

1. Naomi McFadyen

Naomi McFadyen New Member

My name is Naomi Cornish AKA Naruco.
    A multi-instrumentalist, 22 years old, living in Manchester, originally from Devonshire.
    Having completed the BA hons Degree at the University of Salford this year I am continuing my education at Salford studying on the Masters degree specilising in Conducting.

I've been involved in banding since the year 2000 and in this time have played in all sections up and down the country.

I currently hold the position of Musical Director to the Coppull and Standish Band, 4th section, based in Wigan, which I've held for three months now... There I am known as Conductor Bird, or C.B. !! And I also play cornet with them when doing Walking Days in and around the local area.

Not playing full time with anyone at the moment, however I offer myself as a drum kit / percussion dep to anyone who needs it; assuming I'm available to help, that is :p

As well as the practical side to music I am a keen composer, which I've been since I was 8 years old, writing in all styles from pop to dance, jazz to brass band....
    My biggest achievement with composition was when I entered the Fodens Richardson Competition a couple of years ago and made the final shortlist with a piece called "Modal Sketches".

I have my own publishing business and am also Artistic Director to Devilish Publishing, which is the business my other half owns.

I am currently working as a peri teacher to Oldham Music Service, teaching Drum Kit, as well as doing private tuition. (see www.naomimusic.org for more details :p )

2. Di

Di Active Member

Hiya Naomi.

Congratulations on the degree! :biggrin:

Keep up the good work. ;)
  3. Naomi McFadyen

Theres quite a lot to update with this....
    I'm no longer conducting Coppull and Standish.... my MA I'm now doing in Composition, not conducting.... Oldham Music Service has finished... I'm working as a peri teacher to a school in Wigan and start working for Wigan Music Service in the new year....
    I been playing percussion with Blackburn a bit recently but other than that, am not committed to any bands.... thinking of just playing cornet with Eccles Band, who are the closest band to me, seeing as I live in Eccles :p :lol:

I can also put in here the news that me and my partner James are expecting :) (some of you know already :) ) I'm gonna be a mummy!!!!! :lol: ;-)
  4. meandmycornet

meandmycornet Active Member

Awwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww a baby! :D:D:D Not that I haven't already said that about a million times :tongue:
  5. imthemaddude

imthemaddude Active Member

Congratulations when is it due?
  6. Naomi McFadyen

Thank you...
    Due in May we think... I've only known just over a week and havent had my first scan yet... but, I'm about 13ish weeks in approx.... I'll get the date up when I know though :)
  7. Naomi McFadyen

Now had a due date of the 19th May :)
  8. Chris Sanders

Chris Sanders Active Member

Congrats Naomi, good to hear you're doing well, hope to see you soon??
  9. Naomi McFadyen

Well, I had my first scan today :) have a picture... wow, it's totally amazing... Will share to my closest MSN buddies :)

The shock was that I've been told I'm about 27 weeks already.... blimey :lol:

All is well and good though.
  10. AlanD

AlanD Member

Congrats Naomi and James, me and James went to school together and played in buckhaven band, and tullis band now and again. Hope you are both well!

11. jingleram

jingleram Active Member

Congrats Naomi!
  12. Naomi McFadyen

Update.... now married to James McFadyen and recently have a new arrival of a beautiful baby girl, Laura Ruth McFadyen, who was born on the 26th April, at 3.25am, weighing 5lb 9 1/2... got home today to finish recovering...
  13. Di

Di Active Member

Congragulations to you all. :clap: Wishing you all the best. :)
  14. Sellers_Bird

Sellers_Bird Active Member

15. imthemaddude

imthemaddude Active Member

16. IckleSop

IckleSop Active Member

Hope you are both well, dont forget the infacol!!!
  17. Lisa

Lisa Member

Congratulations, she looks soooo sweet! :)

You should submit a pic to the photo gallery, to go with the other baby photos there, so that everyone can go awwww... ;)
  18. Will the Sec

Will the Sec Active Member

Congrats to Narumc* and James - I might have manufactured the timing so it happened in my 10000th post though!

*Doesn't have quite the same ring, does it? ;)
  19. PeterBale

PeterBale Moderator Staff Member

Many congratulations, Naomi - glad to hear everything has gone alright: now for the sleepless nights!!!
  20. Jan H

Jan H Moderator Staff Member