Hello from Maryland, USA

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by Kalel, Mar 17, 2007.

1. Kalel

Kalel New Member

I'm rather intimidated by this forum, I don't see many people from the US.

Anyway, my name is Kayla and I've been playing the tuba (bass) for about five years. I also play the trombone, euphonium, and the trumpet. I am going to college majoring in Music Education on tuba. People tell me I'm pretty good, but I don't gloat, I'm a tuba player haha. Well I hope you all accept me into this forum, and I'll see you in the threads!
  2. TheMusicMan

TheMusicMan tMP Founder Staff Member

Hi Kayla and :hi to tMP

Please don't be intimidated, though most are from elsewhere, we do have plenty of our US friends on here too. I am sure they will see this and say hi to ya :) in fact, one of our super team of tMP Mods is from the USA - Brasscrest aka Robert. Drop him a line if you like.

Of course we accept ya in here, cos the rules are (1) do you have brass in your veins...? (2) are you human ...? if the answer is yes in both cases then you're not going anywhere :)

Please tell us more about what you get up to (and tell your friends about tMP too yeah - I'll sub you a few bucks ;) )
  3. Tom-King

Tom-King Well-Known Member

Is this a chance to remove my Flutey nemesis? ;)

Only joking

:hi: there, welcome to tMP.
  4. DublinBass

DublinBass Supporting Member

Actually, not only his Brasscrest from the US, but also from your area as he plays with the National Capital Band.

Good to see more from the US on here.
  5. Flutey

Flutey Active Member

:eek: :eek: :eek:

6. ncmike

ncmike New Member

Hi Kalel,
    Are you Superman? LOL
    Anyway...I'm a trombone player from North Carolina and just joined tMP, so we're newbies together...except I'm an old fart. LOL
  7. TheMusicMan

TheMusicMan tMP Founder Staff Member

... but with a super sense of humour :)
  8. ncmike

ncmike New Member

:) Thanks Music Man. You have to have a sense of humor (humour?) to carry on in this world, otherwise you're always reaching for the valium (hmmm not a bad idea...).
    I'm glad to see a few Yanks on here. The British Brass Band has always been a fascination for me, and I sometimes wish our citizens had the zeal you Britishers have for the genre. Oh well. I'll drop in from time to time to see what's up, but doubt if I'll have much to contribute as the forum is extremely biased towards competitions on your loverly isle, and I'm not up on such stuff, mainly 'cause I don't know what the heck you're talking about. LOL
    I do like the dialogues on instruments, practice techniques and reviews however, so I'll cross the pond occasionally, and see what's brewing. In the meantime...WIPE THAT SPIT OFF THE FLOOR! (quote from my better half.)
  9. Kalel

Kalel New Member

Not quite, but that would be pretty cool. Kalel is a nickname that I picked up being in band because there was another Kayla in the band, and my initials are KL, so people started to call me Kay-ell (to spell out the pronunciation), then it became Kalel because of Superman lol.