Hello from GloucesterShire

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by hypnorm, Mar 7, 2006.

1. hypnorm

hypnorm New Member

Hi all, I am Selena from Stroud in gloucestershire. I am 29 and have been playing the trumpet since i was 12.
    I have Grade 8 ABRSM (1997)though i am some what rusty now!
    I have played in Gloucester Excelsior, Gloucester Brass, Kidlington Concert brass (a very short stint) I no longer do any brass banding - i don't have the time to commit the time required!
    I now play with Gloucester Charter Concert Band, Its fun and i enjoy it, with out the stress of competeing (no offence)
    We have a severe lack of brass players - even thought gloucester is quite a strong brass banding area.
    Anyway enough of my waffle - i look forward to hearding all the news.
  2. PeterBale

PeterBale Moderator Staff Member

Welcome, Selena :hi

There are plenty around here who do not play in brass bands at the moment, so you'll be in good company ;)

If your concert band is in need of players, you may want to post your vacancies in the Recruitment section - you never know who might be looking :)
  3. hypnorm

hypnorm New Member

thanks just found that! and have post
  4. TheMusicMan

TheMusicMan tMP Founder Staff Member

Hiya Selena, thanks for coming over and welcome to tMP. Can I ask how you heard about us?
  5. hypnorm

hypnorm New Member

just did a search and it came up
  6. Tom-King

Tom-King Well-Known Member

Wellcommmeee :D

Great to see me (and mother/sister) arent the only ones from gloucestershire :D

(there probably are more, I just never bothered to find them)
  7. hypnorm

hypnorm New Member

Hi who do you play for?
  8. BrotherBone

BrotherBone Member

Hi Selena, welcome to TMP, good to see you here. Im sure everyone will make you very welcome! Dont be a stranger now...

Benn .
  9. BassBlaster

BassBlaster Member

Hello to you, there are so many players who live in Gloucestershire (me being one of them), who do not play any more, I can think of loads of ex-championship players, because of jobs etc, cannot commit to contesting.
    I am sure if you keep the publicity up you will find plenty of players.
    The only trouble is, quite a few Bass players especially BBb, don`t have there own instruments.
    Good luck.
  10. Tom-King

Tom-King Well-Known Member

Its not that there arent any, its just that so few ever post on here :p