Hello from a Yorkshire newbie

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by icklejo, Oct 20, 2007.

1. icklejo

icklejo New Member

Hi everyone

I've just taken proper banding up again after returning to Huddersfield having been exiled in Manchester for 11 years.

Much to say it's a bit of a shock to the system, I'm sure I actually used to be able to play! :) I'm on cornet now, but used to be a flugel player so it's also a case of getting used to producing a different sound (or unfortunately lack of at the moment).

I stumbled across tMP on my web travels and thought you'd all probably be a good source of help while I'm trying to get back on track.

Which leads me to my first question (I'm sure of many) - where is the best place to look on the site for practice advice and discussion, maybe some suggested practice schedules etc. I have a 13 month old so I'm hoping to try and fit in some practice 2 to 3 times a week as well as band twice a week but that could be being a bit optimistic.

I had considered perhaps finding a teacher to try and help me on my way, anyone know who is good in the Huddersfield area? I've been away so long I'm a bit out of touch with things.

Many thanks
    ttfn :)

2. CubbRep

CubbRep Member

Welcome to tmp icklejo.I didn't start playing again until 8 years ago after a 27 year gap.It will come back in time.I am a cornet player,but love playing playing flugel.
    CubbRep.