Hello everyone...

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by J. Jericho, Feb 27, 2019.

1. J. Jericho

J. Jericho New Member

... I came across TheMouthpiece.com from a link posted on TrumpetMaster.com within the last few weeks, and I found the thread subjects and the people to be interesting, helpful, and informative... a very nice forum.

I started brass playing on euphonium at age 12 and switched to trumpet and cornet after a year, and I continued through a bit of college. I had gotten the occasional paying gig during this time, but discontinued playing. I resumed playing in my late 20's, added flugelhorn, and worked up to a few paying jobs again.

Then came the time that I had to have my wisdom teeth removed. After the Novocaine wore off, my lower right jaw and lip remained numb; during the process the nerve channel serving my lower right jaw had been damaged. Almost thirty years later, I was finally able to once again form a seal at a mouthpiece and pick up the horns I had put away for so long.

I now play trumpet, cornet, flugelhorn, trombone, shofar, and I use a keyboard to work out chords, etc. I used to be able to play piano without inflicting pain upon the listeners' ears, and even garner some applause, but I do not pursue anything additional on this instrument now.

I live in the US, I'm a little bit of an Anglophile, and I have a few friends and acquaintances in the UK whom I visit from time to time.

2. Tom-King

Tom-King Well-Known Member

Welcome :)

3. Shifty

Shifty New Member

Welcome aboard -- you're right, this is a nice group. I do hope to see TM back on line soon as well. I really miss it :(

4. J. Jericho

J. Jericho New Member

Thank you, Tom-King.

It's good to see you over here, Shifty. I'm not encouraged about TM. Time will tell.

5. 2nd tenor

2nd tenor Well-Known Member

Welcome to tmp. Although mostly British in membership the site owner is USA based and many of the new members are too. I hope that you enjoy your time and visits here.

6. J. Jericho

J. Jericho New Member

Thank you, 2nd tenor.

7. tMP Staff

tMP Staff Administrator Staff Member

Welcome!
    We are certainly happy to have you a part of our group!

8. J. Jericho

J. Jericho New Member

Thank you, tMP Staff.

9. Dupac

Dupac New Member

Hi J. Jericho!
    Maybe several other « refugees » will appear here too?

J. Jericho likes this.
  10. J. Jericho

J. Jericho New Member

It's good to see you here, too. If I could access TM archives (fat chance!), I'd be able to tell you who mentioned theMouthPiece.com, as I don't remember. Good people here; I like it.

Dupac likes this.
  11. J. Jericho

J. Jericho New Member

I might add that the depth of knowledge available here is impressive!

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice