Hello Everyone

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by Goodnight Irene, Feb 23, 2007.

1. Goodnight Irene

Goodnight Irene New Member

Just thought I would introduce myself.

I try to play Euphonium in both Knighton and Llandrindod Wells band. I have never been brilliant but enjoy it, and that is what it is all about.

I started walking a couple of years ago and did a trek in Peru in aid of Macmillan Cancer Support after my brother-in-law was diagnosed with Lung Cancer. Sadly he passed away last year leaving behind my sister and their 4 month old little girl - she is the one plated in the snow on my pic. I visitied Tanzania in January to climb Kilimanjaro again for Macmillan but unfortunately developed a throat infection and had to be taken off the mountain so I am going back in Sept to finish the job.

The one think I noticed after starting walking, I was a proper couch potato before, is that my breathing when playing my Euphonium improved as well so I would encourage all of you to get out there, walk, raise money and improve your brass playing at the same time.

Many of my Knighton Band colleagues, I am sure, will vouch for walkings benefits, they even joined me on a practice walk at 3 in the morning whilst touring Belgium last Summer!!

Nice to meet you all.

2. Sopha

Sopha Active Member

:hi: to tMP gary! were glad to have you! you'll probably see my name around many of times! Happy posting! :)