Hello Everyone

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by Goodnight Irene, Feb 23, 2007.

1. Goodnight Irene

Goodnight Irene New Member

Hi

Just thought I would introduce myself.

I try to play Euphonium in both Knighton and Llandrindod Wells band. I have never been brilliant but enjoy it, and that is what it is all about.

I started walking a couple of years ago and did a trek in Peru in aid of Macmillan Cancer Support after my brother-in-law was diagnosed with Lung Cancer. Sadly he passed away last year leaving behind my sister and their 4 month old little girl - she is the one plated in the snow on my pic. I visitied Tanzania in January to climb Kilimanjaro again for Macmillan but unfortunately developed a throat infection and had to be taken off the mountain so I am going back in Sept to finish the job.

The one think I noticed after starting walking, I was a proper couch potato before, is that my breathing when playing my Euphonium improved as well so I would encourage all of you to get out there, walk, raise money and improve your brass playing at the same time.

Many of my Knighton Band colleagues, I am sure, will vouch for walkings benefits, they even joined me on a practice walk at 3 in the morning whilst touring Belgium last Summer!!

Nice to meet you all.

Sue

2. theMouthPiece Related Searches

Find more discussions like this one
    Knighton
    Llandrindod Wells
    aid of Macmillan Cancer
    morning
    brass
  3. Sopha

Sopha Active Member

:hi: to tMP gary! were glad to have you! you'll probably see my name around many of times! Happy posting! :)
    Sopha