Hello everyone

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by Andybassbone, May 19, 2006.

1. Andybassbone

Andybassbone Member

Thought i had better say hello as i've been signed up for a week or so:)

All new to me so tell me if i am doing anything wrong.......

My name is Andy and have been playing a trombone for more years than i care to admit. Started off with windbands, bigbands and orchestras, but have strayed into this brass banding lark more in the last 10 years or so.

Eventhough i have given commitment in the past more recently i have been just helping out bands - especially with the recent arrival of another trainee brass player!!

Looking forward to doing Weston with Gillingham this Sunday - they are a great bunch of people.....They just need to get some bigger jackets :biggrin:
    Last edited: May 19, 2006
  2. Texus

Texus Member

Andy bass bone here - hence known as tex to avoid a clash....
    Good luck at weekend
  3. Lisa

Lisa Member

Hello Andy!

I agree that Gillingham Band are a great bunch of people! :biggrin:

See you Sunday hopefully!
  4. Andybassbone

Andybassbone Member

Better do some practice tonight - due to comitments elsewhere i have not been able to get to sunny Gillingham this week!!
    Hope you get there - the promised beer will be waiting.....
  5. PeterBale

PeterBale Moderator Staff Member

Hi Andy, good to have you with us :hi

Hope you enjoy posting on tMP, and don't worry about "doing things right" - if there's anything desperately wrong, I'm sure someone will let you know ;)

I don't know whether it's something about Swindon & trombone players, but one of my old friends Cliff Parker (ex Grenadier Guards & Regent Hall bands) is down that way - not sure if he's playing with anyone at the moment though.
  6. Andybassbone

Andybassbone Member

I am back in Swindon(and the wife hates it) after quite a break, but remember Cliff's son rather than his dad. If i have got the right person he was an up and coming trumpet playing talent?
    Funny thing about trombones and Swindon - lots of 2nd and bass players but a real shortage on Solo's.
    I just wish they printed brass band tenor trombone parts in bass clef - i can cope with tenor or alto clef, but treble -YUK:confused:
  7. MoominDave

MoominDave Well-Known Member

That's because we've got Rob Marsh! ;)
    Hi Andy, nice to see you here.
    Last edited: May 22, 2006
  8. Andybassbone

Andybassbone Member

Thats only because he ran out of women to look at in Swindon!:)

Bad luck for yesterday - i hear you had a few "solo issues":(

You will have to show me how do do some of the whizzy things on tMP
  9. MoominDave

MoominDave Well-Known Member

I didn't realise that the gene pool in Swindon had diversified to the extent where there were two genders?!
  10. Andybassbone

Andybassbone Member

I'm saying nothing.........