Hello everyone

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by Andybassbone, May 19, 2006.

1. Andybassbone

Andybassbone Member

Thought i had better say hello as i've been signed up for a week or so:)

All new to me so tell me if i am doing anything wrong.......

My name is Andy and have been playing a trombone for more years than i care to admit. Started off with windbands, bigbands and orchestras, but have strayed into this brass banding lark more in the last 10 years or so.

Eventhough i have given commitment in the past more recently i have been just helping out bands - especially with the recent arrival of another trainee brass player!!

Looking forward to doing Weston with Gillingham this Sunday - they are a great bunch of people.....They just need to get some bigger jackets :biggrin:

Last edited: May 19, 2006
  2. Texus

Texus Member

Howdy!
    Andy bass bone here - hence known as tex to avoid a clash....
    Good luck at weekend

3. Lisa

Lisa Member

Hello Andy!

I agree that Gillingham Band are a great bunch of people! :biggrin:

See you Sunday hopefully!

4. Andybassbone

Andybassbone Member

Better do some practice tonight - due to comitments elsewhere i have not been able to get to sunny Gillingham this week!!
    Hope you get there - the promised beer will be waiting.....

5. PeterBale

PeterBale Moderator Staff Member

Hi Andy, good to have you with us :hi

Hope you enjoy posting on tMP, and don't worry about "doing things right" - if there's anything desperately wrong, I'm sure someone will let you know ;)

I don't know whether it's something about Swindon & trombone players, but one of my old friends Cliff Parker (ex Grenadier Guards & Regent Hall bands) is down that way - not sure if he's playing with anyone at the moment though.

6. Andybassbone

Andybassbone Member

I am back in Swindon(and the wife hates it) after quite a break, but remember Cliff's son rather than his dad. If i have got the right person he was an up and coming trumpet playing talent?
    Funny thing about trombones and Swindon - lots of 2nd and bass players but a real shortage on Solo's.
    I just wish they printed brass band tenor trombone parts in bass clef - i can cope with tenor or alto clef, but treble -YUK:confused:

7. MoominDave

MoominDave Well-Known Member

That's because we've got Rob Marsh! ;)
    Hi Andy, nice to see you here.

Last edited: May 22, 2006
  8. Andybassbone

Andybassbone Member

Thats only because he ran out of women to look at in Swindon!:)

Bad luck for yesterday - i hear you had a few "solo issues":(

You will have to show me how do do some of the whizzy things on tMP

9. MoominDave

MoominDave Well-Known Member

I didn't realise that the gene pool in Swindon had diversified to the extent where there were two genders?!

10. Andybassbone

Andybassbone Member

I'm saying nothing.........

11. theMouthPiece Visitor Guide

Find more discussions like this one
    Andy
    Weston
    Gillingham
    commitment
    Sunday