Hello all!!

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by fireborn, Dec 26, 2007.

1. fireborn

fireborn Member

Thought I'd better say hello properly since I've already been posting. So --- HELLO!!

I live in Scotland having lived in England, Wales and West Africa. I play euphonium. I've just come back to playing after a 13 year gap. So, I'm working hard just now out of the Arban and the Colin Lip Flexibility books to get my lip, stamina and range back. Been at it now for about 3 weeks. Going pretty well I think.

So, my banding past. Well brought up in SA band in Scotland before moving south to do the Band Musicianship course at Salford. so in the Salford College band on 2nd euph to Dave Welsh circa 1992-93. I was solo euph of the College 2nd band before that. I stayed in SA bands whilst at Salford doing solo stuff around the country at SA engagements. Also depped for CWS Glasgow a couple of times on solo Euph, depped for Britannia as it was then on 2nd euph, also with Marple Band, but never signed with anybody.

Now, I'm looking for a band now that I have my lip back. Looking for a solo euph position, but in no hurry. Working hard practising on my own at home. Although, I wish I hadn't given all my music away 13 years ago when I stopped. I now have no music except the Arban, the Charles Colin book and a copy of Grandfathers Clock. :( Anway, thoroughly enjoying playing again, in fact, I think I enjoy it even more now.

So. Hello!!! :)

2. theMouthPiece Related Searches

Find more discussions like this one
    euph
    all
    lip
    Scotland
    books
  3. WoodenFlugel

WoodenFlugel Moderator Staff Member

Hey there fireborn, and :hi to tMP.

Its great to hear of a player coming back into the fold after a lengthy absence. Well done! There are plenty of tMPers North of the Border, and I'm sure if you post a thread in the recruitment corner, you'll be inundated with responses!

Best of luck with your search and getting your lip back in.

Ian

4. fireborn

fireborn Member

Thanks WoodenFlugel. I'll maybe give it a try. Happy New Year by the way!!!!