Hello all

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by Cazza50, Nov 21, 2006.

1. Cazza50

Cazza50 New Member

Just thought I would say hi as I am new to the Mouthpiece.

I play Solo Euph at Leyburn Band in Wensleydale. The band re-fromed just over 3 years ago with around 80% (including myself) being completely new brass players. We recently played at the Hardraw Contest and came overall 6th beating all the other unregistered bands, all the 4ths, 3rds and a second section band. We also won a rose bowl for best Hymn so we are all rather pleased with ourselves at the moment!

We are playing at Malton next weekend. Anyone else going?

2. Di

Di Active Member

Hi Caroline and :hi to tMP.

Congratulations on your achievements. :clap:
  3. smiler_38

smiler_38 Member

Hi Caroline. Welcome to tMP.

Nice area up there in North Yorks. My Auntie lives in Reeth, and I used to play in Northallerton town band back when I was at RAF Leeming (1979). Remember doing the Hardraw Scar Contest too.
  4. on_castors

on_castors Member

I was on holiday in Wensleydale in early October, (Yes, OCTOBER - the weather was fine too!) and as I now live in the Midlands I hadn't been in the area for a few years; so I was surprised to see that Leyburn now has a band!

You forgot to push the band website, so I will! www.leyburnband.co.uk I looked it up after I had seen so many shop window ads for the band!

Pleased to see numbers of bands INCREASING for a change - although I am always pleasantly AMAZED to see how some rural areas can support so many bands, when the areas that I know (North East and the West Midlands) have so few despite huge populations :-(

[Similarly I am also amazed how I can get a better selection of fresh food at a choice of shops at 10pm easier in Leyburn than I can in Coventry, but then again, I don't know why I should be so surprised, as it really is like living in a huge 3rd world shanty town, except the roads here are in poorer condition :-( ]

It has however served to remind me I need to get away there more often! MUCH more often!
  5. on_castors

on_castors Member

Oh... hello to you too Dave... long time no see