Hello all from the land downunder!

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by chippy, Nov 22, 2006.

1. chippy

chippy New Member

Hi All

Just wanted to introduce myself, being new to tmp and all!

I play cornet for Boroondara Brass (www.boroondarabrass.org) in Melbourne, Australia. Been playing cornet for about 11 years or so and still love it!

I'm a hard core brass band nerd (hence joining this forum!), and proud of it!

Hello to all you other brass band nerds out there. I look forward to getting to know some of you on this site.

Katie

2. DaveR

DaveR Active Member

:hi to tMP!

3. honey bun

honey bun Active Member

Hi Chippy :hi . What great name for a band. Hope you enjoy tmp.

4. Bungle

Bungle Member

Just don't mention the cricket! Anything better than a white wash will be a good result for England.

5. chippy

chippy New Member

I don't do cricket! I tend to tune out when the ashes are on. But I am patriotic so GO AUSSIES!!!!! :clap:

6. Okiedokie of Oz

Okiedokie of Oz Active Member

Well, she's one up on me. I tune out sports, and I am not that patriotic when it comes to sport. Welcome to the big leagues, it's a bit different to Spitty, eh?

7. Rapier

Rapier Supporting Member

I've added the word you obviously forgot. ;)

8. chippy

chippy New Member

MUCH different to spitty! But in some respects in a good way...

9. chippy

chippy New Member

I'll pay that! :clap:

10. PinkElephant

PinkElephant New Member

YO CHIPPIE! go aussies!!!

and i will pass on the cricket too....im an AFL fan...GO THE DOCKERS! (an aussie footy team)

im in WA. if you post on spitvalve you will know me as suzie ;)

so yeah. G'Day!

11. theMouthPiece Visitor Guide

Find more discussions like this one
    Boroondara Brass
    Australia
    Melbourne
    Katie
    brass band nerds
  12. TheMusicMan

TheMusicMan tMP Founder Staff Member

Well - it's Wales v's Australia today in the awesome Millennium stadium today - any ideas as to the outcome...? Or is that a daft question to be asking an ozzy...:)

13. PinkElephant

PinkElephant New Member

are you talking rugby? pass. the only sport i follow is AFL...out footy.

but yes. australia will win.

14. chippy

chippy New Member

Hi Suzie...i do post on Spitty. And you might know me as 'dontjudgeme' - I play in Boroondara with Josh! And others of course but I believe you know Josh!

15. DMBabe

DMBabe Supporting Member

Hello!

Thought I'd say hi as I'm one of the few people who's online at the same time as you, but at least it's sensible o'clock where you are, not ungodly am as it is here!!

Should explain I'm on nightshift in the Coronary Care unit of the main referral hospital for Scotland and thanks to the skills of the team all of the patients are asleep and all the random jobs are done for a wee while, so am doing random stuff of my own!!!

Nice to join hands across the world! Tootle loud enough and we might hear you!!!
    :D ;) :tup

XXX

16. PinkElephant

PinkElephant New Member

yes actually i do! every six months or so he comes out west to visit his family....who play with us. as a result we are lucky enough to have josh join us for a couple of weeks!!! alwyas great fun when he does.

17. Okiedokie of Oz

Okiedokie of Oz Active Member

Oh no.... Suzie's emigrating ;)

18. PinkElephant

PinkElephant New Member

only in Cyber Space! there is no logical way i would leave my red-dirt desert!