Heliosuk Flugel & Euphonium review

Discussion in 'theMouthPiece.com User Reviews' started by chrisjohnston, Feb 7, 2010.

1. chrisjohnston

chrisjohnston Member

[FONT=Arial, Geneva, sans-serif]Having recently purchased a new Helios Flugel horn and Euphonium from [/FONT]
    [FONT=Arial, Geneva, sans-serif]you, my wife and I wanted to let you know how pleased we are with both [/FONT]
    [FONT=Arial, Geneva, sans-serif]instruments. [/FONT]

[FONT=Arial, Geneva, sans-serif]The information that you provided from the day of our order to the [/FONT]
    [FONT=Arial, Geneva, sans-serif]delivery day was excellent. You kept us informed every step of the way, [/FONT]
    [FONT=Arial, Geneva, sans-serif]even over the Christmas period. [/FONT]

[FONT=Arial, Geneva, sans-serif]The instruments arrived safe and sound as they were very well[/FONT]

[FONT=Arial, Geneva, sans-serif]packaged. The flugel arrived first as planned. We were instantly[/FONT]

[FONT=Arial, Geneva, sans-serif]impressed by the superb instrument case, light but robust and very[/FONT]
    [FONT=Arial, Geneva, sans-serif]versatile with several strap/carrying options plus valve oil, polishing [/FONT]
    [FONT=Arial, Geneva, sans-serif]cloth and even a pair of white gloves! [/FONT]
    [FONT=Arial, Geneva, sans-serif]The instrument itself looks great and is clearly well made. Slides fit[/FONT]

[FONT=Arial, Geneva, sans-serif]perfectly, the valves are extremely light and smooth in action, the[/FONT]

[FONT=Arial, Geneva, sans-serif]water keys have firm springs and it has a tuning trigger as standard! [/FONT]
    [FONT=Arial, Geneva, sans-serif]As for playing, it’s an easy blow throughout the registers and [/FONT]
    [FONT=Arial, Geneva, sans-serif]intonation is good. [/FONT]

[FONT=Arial, Geneva, sans-serif]Without doubt the Helios flugel represents fantastic value for money,[/FONT]

[FONT=Arial, Geneva, sans-serif]it most definitely not a 'cheap imitation'. [/FONT]

[FONT=Arial, Geneva, sans-serif]Now for the Euphonium. [/FONT][FONT=Arial, Geneva, sans-serif]This too comes with a great case, light but[/FONT]

[FONT=Arial, Geneva, sans-serif]strong with strap options. No valve oil or white gloves though! The[/FONT]

[FONT=Arial, Geneva, sans-serif]instrument itself looks great and is clearly very well made and [/FONT]
    [FONT=Arial, Geneva, sans-serif]finished. The physical feel of the instrument to hold is a little[/FONT]

[FONT=Arial, Geneva, sans-serif]different to most that I have previously played but to me it works [/FONT]
    [FONT=Arial, Geneva, sans-serif]well, particularly when standing to play. It is very easy to blow, I[/FONT]

[FONT=Arial, Geneva, sans-serif]have no problems playing very low (as far as you can go with all four[/FONT]
    [FONT=Arial, Geneva, sans-serif]valves) and as high as F above top C (so far) with no noticeable tuning [/FONT]
    [FONT=Arial, Geneva, sans-serif]problems. [/FONT]

[FONT=Arial, Geneva, sans-serif]I have been playing for 38 years including 8 years in military bands[/FONT]
    [FONT=Arial, Geneva, sans-serif]and have played at all levels. The Helios Euphonium XP performs above and[/FONT]

[FONT=Arial, Geneva, sans-serif]beyond what I expected for the price. [/FONT]

[FONT=Arial, Geneva, sans-serif]No-one should be 'snobbish' about the name, these are very good[/FONT]

[FONT=Arial, Geneva, sans-serif]instruments offering superb value for money. [/FONT]

[FONT=Arial, Geneva, sans-serif]Regards, [/FONT]
    [FONT=Arial, Geneva, sans-serif]Steve and Karen (Redruth)[/FONT]

Last edited: Feb 7, 2010