Heliosuk Flugel & Euphonium review

Discussion in 'theMouthPiece.com User Reviews' started by chrisjohnston, Feb 7, 2010.

1. chrisjohnston

chrisjohnston Member

[FONT=Arial, Geneva, sans-serif]Having recently purchased a new Helios Flugel horn and Euphonium from [/FONT]
    [FONT=Arial, Geneva, sans-serif]you, my wife and I wanted to let you know how pleased we are with both [/FONT]
    [FONT=Arial, Geneva, sans-serif]instruments. [/FONT]

[FONT=Arial, Geneva, sans-serif]The information that you provided from the day of our order to the [/FONT]
    [FONT=Arial, Geneva, sans-serif]delivery day was excellent. You kept us informed every step of the way, [/FONT]
    [FONT=Arial, Geneva, sans-serif]even over the Christmas period. [/FONT]

[FONT=Arial, Geneva, sans-serif]The instruments arrived safe and sound as they were very well[/FONT]

[FONT=Arial, Geneva, sans-serif]packaged. The flugel arrived first as planned. We were instantly[/FONT]

[FONT=Arial, Geneva, sans-serif]impressed by the superb instrument case, light but robust and very[/FONT]
    [FONT=Arial, Geneva, sans-serif]versatile with several strap/carrying options plus valve oil, polishing [/FONT]
    [FONT=Arial, Geneva, sans-serif]cloth and even a pair of white gloves! [/FONT]
    [FONT=Arial, Geneva, sans-serif]The instrument itself looks great and is clearly well made. Slides fit[/FONT]

[FONT=Arial, Geneva, sans-serif]perfectly, the valves are extremely light and smooth in action, the[/FONT]

[FONT=Arial, Geneva, sans-serif]water keys have firm springs and it has a tuning trigger as standard! [/FONT]
    [FONT=Arial, Geneva, sans-serif]As for playing, it’s an easy blow throughout the registers and [/FONT]
    [FONT=Arial, Geneva, sans-serif]intonation is good. [/FONT]

[FONT=Arial, Geneva, sans-serif]Without doubt the Helios flugel represents fantastic value for money,[/FONT]

[FONT=Arial, Geneva, sans-serif]it most definitely not a 'cheap imitation'. [/FONT]

[FONT=Arial, Geneva, sans-serif]Now for the Euphonium. [/FONT][FONT=Arial, Geneva, sans-serif]This too comes with a great case, light but[/FONT]

[FONT=Arial, Geneva, sans-serif]strong with strap options. No valve oil or white gloves though! The[/FONT]

[FONT=Arial, Geneva, sans-serif]instrument itself looks great and is clearly very well made and [/FONT]
    [FONT=Arial, Geneva, sans-serif]finished. The physical feel of the instrument to hold is a little[/FONT]

[FONT=Arial, Geneva, sans-serif]different to most that I have previously played but to me it works [/FONT]
    [FONT=Arial, Geneva, sans-serif]well, particularly when standing to play. It is very easy to blow, I[/FONT]

[FONT=Arial, Geneva, sans-serif]have no problems playing very low (as far as you can go with all four[/FONT]
    [FONT=Arial, Geneva, sans-serif]valves) and as high as F above top C (so far) with no noticeable tuning [/FONT]
    [FONT=Arial, Geneva, sans-serif]problems. [/FONT]

[FONT=Arial, Geneva, sans-serif]I have been playing for 38 years including 8 years in military bands[/FONT]
    [FONT=Arial, Geneva, sans-serif]and have played at all levels. The Helios Euphonium XP performs above and[/FONT]

[FONT=Arial, Geneva, sans-serif]beyond what I expected for the price. [/FONT]

[FONT=Arial, Geneva, sans-serif]No-one should be 'snobbish' about the name, these are very good[/FONT]

[FONT=Arial, Geneva, sans-serif]instruments offering superb value for money. [/FONT]

[FONT=Arial, Geneva, sans-serif]Regards, [/FONT]
    [FONT=Arial, Geneva, sans-serif]Steve and Karen (Redruth)[/FONT]

Last edited: Feb 7, 2010
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice