Hedgehogs!

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Chat' started by cornetgirl, Aug 24, 2005.

1. cornetgirl

cornetgirl Active Member

Highlight of my otherwise pretty noneventful week here!!

Yesterday I looked out of the window to see a little hedgehog sunning itself on the patio! Needless to say I got totally overexcited :rolleyes: and took some pics...and thought no more of it.

Then this afternoon hedgepig appeared again! Snuffled around the garden for a bit and wasn't at all scared when I cam eout with a saucer of milk for it and slurped it all down, before spending another 2 hours pottering, snoozing and catching some rays!

I'm hoping it's going to adopt us - but I need to know what hedgepigs eat!!!

All ideas gratefully received!

Rach x

2. meandmycornet

meandmycornet Active Member

Cat food!! they like cat food apparently!

3. cornetgirl

cornetgirl Active Member

Beaker was all for getting the most expensive dog food going......mutter mutter!

And what shall I call my new friend the hedgepig - I think it's a little boy hedgepig but I haven't got close enough to check...

He didn't roll into a ball when I took him his milk though!

Rach x

4. drummergurl

drummergurl Active Member

hodgeheg the hedgehog

5. HorniKaz

HorniKaz Supporting Member

Spike!! Always suits hedgehogs!! :oops:

Ask Ian about hedgehogs! They kept him awake with their ..... erm..... antics!! :eek:

6. WoodenFlugel

WoodenFlugel Moderator Staff Member

Well actually we were awoken in the middle of the night by "snffling" sounds and we eventually discovered two of our spiky friends (presumably one male and one female) in the back garden. One was standing still (female playing hard to get possibly) while the other was walking around and around it (male trying his luck).

We left them to it, and in the morning they had gone, but where they were was a circular patch in the lawn worn right down to mud. That poor male must've walked miles round and round in circles.

Now I think of it - male goes round in circles after female and gets nowhere. Hedgehogs are just like us really....;)

Oh and I vote for "roadkill" :rolleyes:

7. HorniKaz

Roadkill?? You're a very sick man!! :tongue:

8. JessopSmythe

JessopSmythe Active Member

Certainly saves time! I had a friend who named his cat Speedbump on the same prinicipal.

9. Big Twigge

Big Twigge Active Member

Awwww! when we were little girlies we used to have a hedgehog who lived in the orchard. She was called Mrs Tiggywinkle I think and from what I remember cat food was the dish of the day!

10. yonhee

yonhee Active Member

I dont think theyre actually meant to have milk... I read it somwhere might be wrong.

11. theMouthPiece Visitor Guide

Find more discussions like this one
    QUOTE=HBB
    Love The BunnyBMBxx
    snuff
    HBB
  12. HBB

HBB Active Member

Wow! I'm going to call my first cat Speedbump!! :D

13. bigmamabadger

bigmamabadger Active Member

When I was very small I can remember being woken in the night to go and see an entire family of hedgehogs playing in our garden. Y'know, if I wasn't a badger I think I might have to be a hedgehog. They are soooo sweet.

Sonic is far too obvious, how about Hogwart?
    BMB
    xx

14. euphfanhan

euphfanhan Member

Don't give hedgehogs cows milk, but they can have goats milk or cat milk (as in milk for cats not cats milk...) and don't give them cat or dog food in gravy cos they get ill.
    I need to get out more...

15. cornetgirl

cornetgirl Active Member

I think Hogwart the Hedgepig it is!!! Well done BMB!

Got him some cat food but been out all day so don't know if he's been for a visit!

Rach x

16. bigmamabadger

Hoorah! I am The Namer Of Hedgepigs!
    Can we have some piccies?
    BMB
    xx

17. HBB

HBB Active Member

I wanted Speedbump!

18. bigmamabadger

Yes but you're a sicko.:p

BMB
    xx

19. HorniKaz

Seconded!! :tongue:

20. HBB

HBB Active Member

And, and, adn.... I thought... *sniffle*.. that th....*snuff* you really ... *drivel* liked me!

21. WoodenFlugel

WoodenFlugel Moderator Staff Member

Aww and I was going to go out and mik our next door neighbours cat just in case my spiky mate turned up again...:biggrin:

22. theMouthPiece Visitor Guide

Find more discussions like this one
    QUOTE=HBB
    Love The BunnyBMBxx
    snuff
    HBB