Heath Ledger 1979-2008

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Chat' started by blakeyboy, Jan 23, 2008.

1. blakeyboy

blakeyboy Member

I have to say that I am thoroughly shocked by Heath Ledger's untimely death.

Another talented young soul taken from the limelight before their time, he was a wonderful actor and seemed to be a genuine down to earth bloke who, unlike some, shunned the stardom trail and tried to keep himself to himself.

Also, I cannot wait to see his performance as 'The Joker' in the new Batman film... I'm sure he is amazing.

My thoughts are with his family at this sad time...

2. theMouthPiece Related Searches

Find more discussions like this one
    soul
    death
    actor
    some
    film
  3. Robhibberd29

Robhibberd29 Active Member

Well said Blake I couldn't agree more

4. Pops2501

Pops2501 Active Member

Was stunned when I saw it on the BBC Website Tuesday night - remember him in Roar many years ago - loved him in Ten Things I hate About You - thought A Knight's Tale was great. It's very difficult to think of his young life snuffed out. I don't have the talent to express myself too well - but I am gutted - whatever the reason behind his death. My thoughts go out to his family.

April

5. johnmartin

johnmartin Active Member

I don't want to appear unkind or anything but I fail to find any sympathy for him. He was after all the agent of his own demise.

I do have a lot of sympathy for the people he has left behind. What they are currently going through is due entirely to his selfish actions. He leaves a daughter who will now never know her father and a loving family back in Australia who now have to mourn a son taken before his time.

I was a big fan and was looking forward enormously to his portrayal of the Joker in the forthcoming Batman release. He was an actor who had it all and, after Brokeback, was beginning to be offered roles worthy of his talent. What a shame to have thrown it all away.

6. Bass Man

Bass Man Active Member

I think it is a sad loss and I am also eagerly looking forward to his role as the Joker in the new Batman film.

7. Shaggy

Shaggy New Member

8. blakeyboy

blakeyboy Member

I am of the same opinion John, if and only if it is proved that he did take his own life then it will confirm that he was selfish and what his family have to go through for no reason is rediculous, if it was that bad, give it up. But of course we do not know that, what about the issue of how high strength prescription drugs are as readily available as paracetamol in some countries, but that would be me also speculating when I am not privvy to the truth.

This is not about arguing either, just raising a point as you have... I hope, for his family's sake, that it was a tragic accident as I can only imagine what doubts must be going through their minds at this moment in time... And as we've all experienced in the past that Hollywood elevates people into the limelight and the surrounding influences can be so strong on you to conform in a conformist industry.

I think Jack Nicholson summed it up well today about the sleeping pills Heath Ledger was taking saying something along the lines of when he took them they were so strong he nearly drove himself off a cliff he was that out of it...:eek:

9. johnmartin

johnmartin Active Member

I agree Blakeboy. My comments were written prior to reading that he was on prescription drugs and his death may have been attributable to an accidental overdose.

10. needmorevodka

needmorevodka Member

So you just jumped to conclusions then.

Very sad news indeed, whatever the circumstances may be.

11. johnmartin

johnmartin Active Member

Must've done. No other explanation really.

12. theMouthPiece Related Searches

Find more discussions like this one
    soul
    death
    actor
    some
    film