Heart of Oak & When the lights go on again??

Discussion in 'The Rehearsal Room' started by Lotta, Jun 3, 2009.

1. Lotta

Lotta Member

Hi

We have been asked to play these 2 items at a concert next week. I have had no luck ordering them from Just Music as they cannot guarentee the arrival of Heart of Oak as its published in the Outer Hebrides! The When the lights go on again I cant even find!! It is know by anything else do people know??

Thanks xx

2. theMouthPiece Related Searches

Find more discussions like this one
    Just Music
    Heart of Oak
    Outer Hebrides
    arrival of Heart of Oak
    guarentee
  3. tubafran

tubafran Active Member

Sounds like you are doing some sort of 40s themed concert. Heart of Oakes is included in the Henry Wood Fantasia On British Sea Songs as a last resort and When The Lights Go On Again was a 1944 Vera Lynn Song. Might be included in some 40's selection type piece but not sure where.

4. Andrew Norman

Andrew Norman Member

Hearts of Oak is also in the Tunes & Toast books (I'm pretty sure)
    If you want a quick 'n' easy arrangement of When the lights... call me on 07786166304
    Andy

5. GJG

GJG Well-Known Member

Is it in the Public Domain, then ... ?

6. Andrew Norman

Andrew Norman Member

It is still copyright but it is still generally permissible to make an arrangement for non-commercial use ie. not for sale.

7. GJG

GJG Well-Known Member

Ermm ... I think you need to have a look at the tMP Copyright FAQ sheet.

8. PeterBale

PeterBale Moderator Staff Member

Must be a different version to the one I know!

9. tubafran

tubafran Active Member

Yep correct as usual - but I can recall playing this piece in some selection to do with sea songs - Gordon Langford's Fantasy on British Sea Songs maybe?

Although this seems to include - A-Roving, Drummer and the Cook, Blow the Man Down, We're All Bound to Go, Drunken Sailor, and Sailors' Hornpipe

Last edited: Jun 4, 2009
  10. Straightmute

Straightmute Active Member

Dragon Music has an arrangement of Heart of Oak which you can hear via the website. I could get it in the post today if necessary...

Cheers
    David