Hear My Prayer - David Childs

Discussion in 'theMouthPiece.com User Reviews' started by John Brooks, Jan 7, 2004.

1. John Brooks

John Brooks Well-Known Member

Has anyone listened to this CD yet? I was looking for a review but without success. I would appreciate any feedback.

2. theMouthPiece Related Searches

Find more discussions like this one
    Hear My Prayer
    David Childs
    Prayer - David Childs
    success
    review
  3. WorldofBrass.com

WorldofBrass.com Active Member

John, I've listened to it and also gave a copy to my dad at Christmas.
    We sent review copies out during week commencing Monday 22nd December so expect to see something in the brass band press in the next few weeks.

4. PeterBale

PeterBale Moderator Staff Member

This was one of my Christmas presents (to myself :lol: ). No fireworks here, but some very fine, lyrical playing, good variation of accompaniments, and a couple of new arrangements. On a couple of occasions you may feel the vibrato intrudes a little, but I don't think anyone would be disappointed if they bought it. It works well as a programme, altough you may just prefer to dip into it. Sleeve notes and production are very good as well.

5. Seedhouse

Seedhouse Active Member

I got it for Christmas and thought it was brilliant, (by the way it's Hear my Prayer, not Here my Prayer! :wink: )

It really shows off how well suited Euph's are with slow melodies, and i've highly enjoyed listening to the CD. It really shows how much talent David Childs has even though there isn't any of the usual technical feats that all of us players like to hear nowadays. (myself included! :roll: ) Highly recommended CD!

6. John Brooks

Thanks! Can't believe I did that :oops: ; my wife would love it if she ever saw it :cry: ! But I've fixed it now :lol:

Thanks for the feedback. I've passed all comments on to my daughter (OK, so I edited out the error notification :wink: ) who was thinking of ordering it and I believe she will now.

7. Seedhouse

Seedhouse Active Member

I'm sure you'll all enjoy listening to it. The only thing i'll stress when listening to it is to remember it's all melodic music, so no supreme virtuosic, million mile an hour, squeakily high passages! Lol :lol:

8. shedophone

shedophone Member

Thats because its 'Hear my Prayer' not 'Hear me blast my head off on top octave runs at 100 mph!' :wink:

9. Seedhouse

Seedhouse Active Member

Lol! :lol:

10. John Brooks

Havn't you heard anyone pray like that? I'm sure when I was a kid all the old folks seemed to pray like that :wink: Maybe it's just me maturing or simply getting old :cry: Or maybe the kids of today think I pray like that too :roll:

11. Seedhouse

Seedhouse Active Member

:lol: :lol: :lol:

12. theMouthPiece Related Searches

Find more discussions like this one
    Hear My Prayer
    David Childs
    Prayer - David Childs
    success
    review
  13. Seedhouse

Seedhouse Active Member

Has anyone else now got this CD? Wondered what your thoughts and opinions were?

14. Euph Kidd

Euph Kidd Member

I got myself a copy of it just before Christmas, I think its a very classy cd. All the tracks suit the Euph down to the ground and with a sound that could melt butter, I could listen to the tracks all day!
    Rich