HBB and BBCbari team up for a "Transatlantic" Connection

Discussion in 'Bandroom News - User Submitted' started by DublinBass, Jun 14, 2005.

1. DublinBass

DublinBass Supporting Member

In possibly one of the greatest ever tMP colloborations ;) Pat Herak (BBCbari) will be performing the Eb bass solo "Transatlantic" written by Ben Tubb (HBB).

This event is all part of the Welwyn Garden City Band Concert on Sunday the 19th June, from 3:00 pm under the baton of Dave Jones at the bandstand in
    Enfield. The first half of the concert will be film music, while the second
    have will have a "last night of the proms" theme and include this World Premiere.

So come out and support this tMP duo!!

(As a personal note, I'd like to thank Ben for writing the piece and say that while it is probably the hardest thing I've ever played, it is one of the funnest I've played as well...oh and watch out for the cadenza;))
    Last edited: Jun 14, 2005
  2. HBB

HBB Active Member

Hehe... should be good, although I'm scared I might cry from laughter in the cadenza!
  3. Dianamite

Dianamite Member

I'll be laughing at you laughing at Pat......
  4. Dianamite

Dianamite Member

Congrats BBCBari + HBB on a fantastic premiere yesterday! Even in the sweltering heat...

And also to HBB who had to play solo horn (you have a lovely tone, btw...!)
  5. ratley

ratley Member

Would loved to have gone, but there's no events calendar or list of gigs on the WGC website so I didn't know about the concert!

Next time perhaps!
  6. PeterBale

PeterBale Moderator Staff Member

7. DublinBass

well...temporarily...or is it soon enough?

Tries to remember his grammar lessons and thinks out loud
    emmigrated from the States..immigrated to the UK?
    Last edited: Jun 20, 2005
  8. sevenhelz

sevenhelz Active Member

wish i could've seen it. when's the recording coming out??
  9. DublinBass

I tried to upload a recording myself (its a bit dodgy with lots of background noise, being a park gig and all), but it did not work.

I sent John a Copy via e-mail...so hopefully it'll get on here (although it may not because of the poor quality)

Hope that helps
  10. HBB

HBB Active Member

11. DublinBass

Hey Ben..I clicked on the banner ad for Tubbpubliching, but the site didn't come up porperly. How can people order Transatlantic if they like it? Just pm you?
    Last edited: Jun 21, 2005
  12. HBB

HBB Active Member