Haydock Band - Vacancies

Discussion in 'Recruitment Corner' started by Andy Moore, Jul 8, 2005.

1. Andy Moore

Andy Moore Member

Edit: for current vacancies and contact details, please see most recent posts

Haydock band are a friendly Championship section band in the North West, in need of filling these seats for next year. (August 22nd - )

If anyone fancies coming down for a blow (any posiiton) just PM me and I'll sort it out for you.

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 15, 2009
  2. Richard_Brigg

Richard_Brigg Member

3. IcklePablo

IcklePablo Member

NW Championship Band - Haydock.

Due to university departures, top section band Haydock have vacancies for Repiano, tutti Cornets and a Percussionist to play at Pontins and forthcoming contests.
    Located in St Helens, easily accessible from local towns/cities (liverpool, Manchester, Warrington, Wigan).

Please contact me (Paul Duffy) on 01744 756365 or 07796256695 if you are interested in joining our talented organisation.

or alternatively contact the Bands Manager (Mark Quinn) on 07704529771

With Regards,
    P Duffy

4. Andy Moore

Andy Moore Member

...and a first horn player, please.

5. HBB

HBB Active Member

I'd do it.. if i wasn't going with WGC! (Sorry.. no help guys :( )

6. helen_euph

helen_euph Member

Players required, NW Championship Section

Haydock Band (championship section) requires the following players:-

Cornet

Trombone
    Percussion

Positions can be discussed depending on ability. We rehearse on Mondays and Thursdays 8pm - 10pm in St. Helens….. travelling distance from Liverpool, Salford and Manchester unis!

We also have a junior band who rehearses on Thursdays 6pm – 7.30pm. Instruments as well as brass and theory lessons are available for anyone that requires them, and everyone is more than welcome!!! :biggrin:

If you’re interested PM me or email our band manager Mark at
    markquinn@haydockband.com

Cheers, Helen

7. helen_euph

helen_euph Member

Haydock Band, players needed!

Hi all,

We still need a 4th solo cornet/rep player, a soprano cornet player and tenor and bass trombone players.

We have people travelling from Liverpool and Salford, so I'm sure lifts can be arranged, or lifts from round St.Helens, or either St.Helens Central or St.Helens Junction train stations if needed.

If you're moving to the lovely North West to come to uni or just fancy coming along then please contact us (as stated above) and we'd be pleased to meet you :biggrin: .

Helen

PS - Our Junior Band has its first rehearsal back after the summer this Thursday (7th Sept) and EVERYONE would always be made welcome, whatever instrument or ability.... beginners included!

8. kckat1000

kckat1000 New Member

Haydock Band

Hello Helen.

What a great Idea it is to offer tuition and instruments around the area.

Especially the Theory - I might have some people interested in that.

I will contact you !

Karen.x

9. helen_euph

helen_euph Member

After a period of re-building, we now only require the following brass players at Haydock:

TUTTI SOLO CORNET
    BACK ROW CORNET (2nd or 3rd)
    SOPRANO CORNET
    HORN (1st or 2nd)

Also, PERCUSSIONISTS are always welcome!

As stated in previous posts, rehearsals are:
    MONDAYS 8-10
    THURSDAYS 8-10

We are all very friendly :biggrin: and anyone would be more than welcome to pop along for a blow anytime.
    Interested? Send me a PM or email me on hel_g80@hotmail.com or email our Band Manager, markquinn@haydockband.com

10. Haydock Band

Haydock Band New Member

Cornet and Horn players needed!! St.Helens, NW.

Haydock Band need a front and back row cornet, sop and horn player to complete our rebuilding process.

We rehearse in Haydock, St.Helens (just off junction 23, M6) on Mondays and Thursdays 8-10.

If you can help us (we are very nice :biggrin: ) and you fancy coming along for a blow, please contact Band Manager, Mark Quinn by emailing markquinn@haydockband.com or pm 'Haydock Band' or 'helen_euph'.

Thanks

Edit: Threads merged as per tMP Recruitment guidelines, PB, Mod

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 24, 2007
  11. theMouthPiece Visitor Guide

Find more discussions like this one
    Haydock
    Haydock Band - Vacancies
    North West
    friendly Championship section band
    current vacancies
  12. helen_euph

helen_euph Member

vacancies

Come on all you cornets and horns.... there must be some of you out there who want to join, or know someone who does!!!!

Anyone any ideas?????? :confused:

13. tubamaest

tubamaest Member

Come on Guys,

They dont come more passionate bout brass Bands than shaun and Helen,If your looking for a move these guys have got to be worth a go!
    Shaun hows are Kez?Hope your treating him well,good luck matey with the band i will defo get up for a blow before too long.

Regards Tubamaest(McKez)

14. zak

zak Member

Cheers mate and would be good to see you at a rehearsal. Stay over at ours and have a pint or 3!! :biggrin:

Look after yourself matey!!

Ps... Kez says ey up!!! ;)

15. Hello fellow Brass Banders!

The Haydock Band are very keen to participate in contests such as Pontins, The Nationals etc.
    But we can't do this without your help!

CORNETS, HORNS, TROMBONES AND PERCUSSIONISTS WANTED!!!!

If anyone is interested, please come down for a blow with us. We are a very friendly bunch of people, who always welcome new people :)

We rehearse two nights a week (Monday and Thursday 8pm-10pm) at Haydock Cricket Club (just off junction 23, M6)

For more details, PM me or email me at fionastaples7@hotmail.co.uk

THANK YOU!!!! HOPE TO HEAR FROM YOU LOT SOON!!

16. Just Crazy

Just Crazy Member

Are you a cornet player............

looking for a new band? we are a 1st section band currently looking for some front row cornets to complete our ranks.

We recently won our section of the ST Helens Hymn and March contest and would to continue to win prizes but need your help.

We practise Monday and Thursday 8 - 10 close to the east lancs near Haydock and yes we have a bar on the premises.

PM me if you require any more information

Edit: threads merged as per tMP Recruitment guidelines

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 15, 2009
  17. Laserbeam bass

Laserbeam bass Active Member

Should this be titled "Are you a Cornet player........"

18. Just Crazy

Just Crazy Member

Congratulations for spotting the deliberate mistake!!! was rushing during work, can you tell?

19. Just Crazy

Just Crazy Member

Looking for a band?

Haydock are a freindly 1st section band looking for Front and back row cornert, principle for the right player to complete their line up. Due to work commitments we are also looking for a Solo horn player too.

We practise Mon and Thurs 8 - 10 in Haydock, only a few mins from the east lancs road. We are planning to attend Pontins and Wilkinson contest and have a busy concert schedule ahead too.

For more info please PM me or email jennycoleman83@hotmail.com

20. Just Crazy

Just Crazy Member

Come and Join Us

Haydock Band encourages anyone interested in playing a brass instrument or percussion to come along and meet us – we are a friendly progressive band with an all inclusive attitude so please feel free to contact us as we would be delighted to meet you.

We have vacancies for cornets and a Flugel, but will welcome all players to help fill the ranks.

For more details visit our website www.haydockband.com or email jennycoleman83@hotmail.com

21. Just Crazy

Just Crazy Member

Haydock are a friendly 1st Section Band looking for a flugel horn and front (priniple for the right player) and back row cornets to complete their line up

We practise Mon and Thurs 8 - 10 in Haydock, only a few mins from the east lancs road.

For more info please PM me or email jennycoleman83@hotmail.com

22. theMouthPiece Visitor Guide

Find more discussions like this one
    Haydock
    Haydock Band - Vacancies
    North West
    friendly Championship section band
    current vacancies