Have you named your instrument?

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Chat' started by Accidental, Nov 13, 2003.

Have you named your instrument?

1. Yes

2. No

1. Accidental

Accidental Supporting Member

I thought this was going to be the subject of DavePayn's strange names thread, so I'll ask instead!
    I had a friend who called her euph Esmerelda, and I had a Bartholemew baritone whern I was at school - it seemed like a good idea at the time!!! (Oh, and I called my french horn "that f*******ing thing", but I don't think that counts!)

So am I the only nutter?
  2. leisa

leisa Active Member

oooooo i did a thread on this a while ago!!! i name mine conner!!! i thought i was the only nutter but were not dnt worry!!
  3. lizi

lizi Member

I dont name my instrument but ive aquired a nickname for my gig bag!

its called "The Beast" cuz its humongus....even though its only got a flugel init!

(believe in padding u see!) :roll:
  4. cornetshell

cornetshell Member

im sure there are plenty of people who do but sorry - no i dont...its my cornet not my mum/dad/bro/boyf/sex toy.....

but on the other hand my friends cornet was called Kelly.......and her trumpet was trevor,....but i think it is a little scarey,......cudnt do it- im pants at picking names. im gonna call my kids by numbers instead.

:roll: :shock:
  5. groovy

groovy Active Member

OMG! Am I your friend? Thats the name of my euph! I have Archibald the trombone.

My old valve trombone was Weebl, and my very first euph was Wesley. :D

Oh, and how come you lot are admitting to naming your instrument, but only 1 person has answered yes in the poll? :evil: Be a proud nutter!
  6. Vickitorious

Vickitorious Active Member

I haven't named my instrument but it's my ikle baby :D :roll:
  7. Seedhouse

Seedhouse Active Member

I haven't named my instruments but all of my friends say that I should because I spend so much time practicing it and having it with me!! :oops: :oops: :oops:
    Ah well, I enjoy playing loads :wink:
  8. Accidental

I don't think so - did you ever live in Brighton?!!
  9. PeterBale

PeterBale Moderator Staff Member

Anyone thought of naming their instrument "A Wrong Note", 'cause then, when the conductor says "Did you play a wrong note . . . ?"
    :wink: :lol: :lol:
  10. Accidental

:lol: :lol: :lol:
  11. Seedhouse

Seedhouse Active Member

12. The Cornet King

The Cornet King Active Member

The name of mine tends to change from day to day. :lol:
    From "good ol' reliable" to "my baby" to "You big pile of useless ****"

:D Depends on the day. Of course its never the player thats wrong! as everyone will agree :lol: :lol:
  13. Aidan

Aidan Active Member

i havnt name my horn but my mute is called Percy
  14. Trom41821

Trom41821 Member

I voted "no" but my friend calls my Euph a trumplefunket because he can never remember what it really is!!

I've only known him for 12 years :oops: :oops:

I used to call my baritone barry the spider.

it was the only way to keep my nephews out of the case. :lol:
  16. groovy

groovy Active Member

Nope - never even been there! Oh well - your friend has good taste in names. :)
  17. bigmamabadger

bigmamabadger Active Member

I've not named my horn but I do think of her as a slightly raddled, gin-soaked old tart, you know the one that sits on a bar stool in the pub wearing fishnets and leather mini and calls all the young men "handsome", where the value of young is <45. Croaky voice from years of cheap whisky and fags and tends to get maudlin at closing time.
    No, wait, that's me. :roll:
  18. JessopSmythe

JessopSmythe Active Member

most of the names that my trom gets called are unprintable. You know, the names you use when for no apparent reason it splits a note, gets the slide in the wrong position or fluffs a tricky run. :)
  19. cornetgirl

cornetgirl Active Member

I will bring Fenella to CinN - she's one sexy flugel!

Rach x
  20. kate_the_horn

kate_the_horn New Member

i told myself, the year i got my new horn, whoever wins big borther will be my horns name,
    purely for the fact that i knew kate would win!

my horn is called kate!!

u can tell shes female thou!!