have you ever...

Discussion in 'Thread Games & Totally Random...' started by Mesmerist, Jan 19, 2008.

1. wife divine

wife divine Supporting Member

I believe I no longer do the national lottery. If I couldn't win when it was half the price and had fewer numbers, what chance would I have now ?

Have you ever won something really awful in a raffle ?

Slider1 likes this.
  2. Mesmerist

Mesmerist Well-Known Member

I won a hamper of alcohol at our Christmas concert. Took it all to Butlins to add to our "drinks" chalet. (Maybe minus a bottle of red wine).

Have you ever managed to mend your washing machine (error20) by pushing it on its side, pulling out all the filters and finally managing to extract some thin pink knicker ribbon which was wrapped around in the innards. Happy days its working now!

Jack E likes this.
  3. wife divine

Not the washing machine but a Dyson heater. Reported fault to Dyson who wanted to know the serial number which was on the base. Turned it upside down to find it and accidentally dropped it on it's head. Worked fine afterwards.

Have you ever wondered why Donald Trump chooses to have that ridiculous hairstyle ?

4. mojo

mojo Active Member

Always wandered why he has that hairstyle

Has anyone wanted to just really lose it with people when they push and shove in a supermarket no manners come to mind maybe I should just do shopping on line what do you think ???

5. Jack E

Jack E Well-Known Member

Only once; when some crass and utterly insensitive idiot carried on loading her shopping onto the belt right through the two minutes silence on Armistice Day. Then she chatted away to the checkout operator as though she was totally oblivious of what she'd done . . .
    :mad:

6. mojo

mojo Active Member

Oh shameful !!!!

Jack E likes this.
  7. mojo

mojo Active Member

Have you ever
    Dreaded family get togethers

8. wife divine

Absolutely ! I generally make an excuse and don't go !

9. Mesmerist

Have you ever advised a friend who is in love with a naughty man already in a relationship but cheating with her?

10. Jack E

Jack E Well-Known Member

Every time, Mojo!

11. mojo

mojo Active Member

Can't say i have mesmerist and glad it's not only me wife devine and jack E

12. wife divine

Have you ever told a snowman to chill ?

13. Independent Silver Band

Independent Silver Band Active Member

Yes I have , and I wound up being the bad guy to all parties. Never again.

Jack E likes this.
  14. mojo

mojo Active Member

Have you ever made the mistake of not pressing the button on a pedestrian crossing ? No traffic around so thought i will not press it half way across had to run for my life car going way to fast nearly wiped me out lol moral of the story press the button !!!!!!!

15. Jack E

Jack E Well-Known Member

My thoughts, exactly - too close to playing hopscotch in minefield for my liking!

mojo likes this.
  16. Jack E

Jack E Well-Known Member

Have you ever spent the best part of an hour, wandering round a vast field full of people, looking for a bag - only to have a friend collapse in hysterics, before pointing out that the bag in question was on your back?

(in my defence, yer honour, I'd point out that it was a historical re-enactment set in the English Civil War, I was playing the role of a matchlock-armed infantryman, and those poor devils were loaded down with enough bags, belts, ammo, sword, scabbard, food, water and other junk to make an Army pack mule complain!)

17. mojo

mojo Active Member

Ha ha can't say i have jack E but I'm sure it would be fun to watch lol aw sorry
    Have you ever thought what it would be like to be alone i mean like on a desert island with no one around !!!

18. Jack E

Jack E Well-Known Member

Yes - and I wondered how long it would be before I started talking to an inanimate object (like Tom Hanks in 'Castaway').

Have you ever ridden a motorbike three times round a massive roundabout, looking for the exit sign to take you on towards Piccadilly Cicus, before glancing up, seeing the statue of Eros, and realising that you were actually riding round Piccadilly Circus . . . :rolleyes:

19. Mesmerist

Only driven once in London and hope I never have to again. Have ridden a motorbike from Shrewsbury to Hereford which took me 7 hours because I innocently thought it would be signposted all the way.

Have you ever wondered if the posters on Mumsnet are as feisty in real life as they are online?

20. Slider1

Slider1 Active Member

What was the Bike? Hope it had a comfortable saddle.

Mesmerist likes this.