Hats off to VBS Poynton.....

Discussion in 'The Auditorium - Concert Details' started by KMJ Recordings, Jun 13, 2009.

1. KMJ Recordings

KMJ Recordings Supporting Member

....for the performances at the Brass and ABBA at Poynton Park this evening...

No idea who your third man down / captain of entertainment was for the second sitting, but I thought he did a great job of bringing the audience back after the rain came down on Benny, Bjorn and the girls.....my lad was very impressed with the kitchen section as well....sorry if the air drums put you off :hammer

Shame I had to leave before the Grand Finale of the Proms stuff to get the youngest in bed, but good work folks :p
  2. TheFopp

TheFopp Member

Thanks Keith. I think the band had a great time (I know I did.... but then its not often in a brass band that I'm given free reign to go back to my lead trumpet days!). Third mand down/MC is Pete Cookson..... you should see him in action when he fronts our Beer Keller band!
  3. drummerdave

drummerdave Member

Totally agree mate.It was an awesome night ,about 3000 people attended!
    I was knackered after the "rock" set ! Roll on next years show.

Chief shed builder Vernon BS Poynton Band
  4. KMJ Recordings

KMJ Recordings Supporting Member

It's opened my lad's eyes to the fact that there's more to brass bands than he thought....he's just about to turn 6 but thinks that the drum world ended with Roger Taylor and Cozy Powell...now there's "the man from the Brass Band" :D
  5. drummerdave

drummerdave Member

Glad he enjoyed it! If you want to bring him for a listen and "go" on the drums let
    me know as we will be trying out new music for Wychavon contest over the summer.
    Cheers Dave
  6. BrianT

BrianT Member

Blast from the past...

Pete Cookson was my trumpet teacher about 30 years ago when he was studying at Birmingham School of Music and I was just a teenager. A star player, I remember!