Hatherleigh Silver appoint new MD for Torquay Contest

Discussion in 'Bandroom News - User Submitted' started by RMQ, Sep 30, 2009.

1. RMQ

RMQ Member

Hatherleigh Silver Band are very pleased to announce that Mr David Hayward will be preparing the band and taking them to the SWBBA Contest at Torquay in November. David has spent a lifetime in banding ever since he joined the Celynen Band in Newbridge, South Wales, at the age of seven and going on to play for Stanshawe (Sun Life). David enjoyed conducting Woodfalls for a number of years in the Championship section as well as having considerable success with Frome Band competing at the lower levels and bringing them up through the sections. David now spends his banding life freelance conducting various bands in both the West Country and his native Wales.

HSB are looking forward to working hard with David over the coming months and to the exciting future for the band that his appointment has made.

2. theMouthPiece Related Searches

Find more discussions like this one
    David Hayward
    Hatherleigh Silver Band
    Hatherleigh Silver
    Torquay Contest
    Torquay
  3. Liamhorn

Liamhorn Member

Glad to hear, been a long time for you guys at Hatherleigh and well deserved. All the best with your new conductor and best of luck for the contest in November.

4. ploughboy

ploughboy Active Member

I know David he's a top bloke. Best of luck to you all.

5. RMQ

RMQ Member

Thanks for your comment, it is nice to hear. He certainly is a top bloke and the band are looking forward to an exciting future with him.

6. Rebel Tuba

Rebel Tuba Member

There certainly are a lot of MD options out there, but certainly David will always be top, or very close to top of MDs I would want in front of me. Great choice.