Hatfield Power Fuel Colliery Band - vacancies

Discussion in 'Recruitment Corner' started by margaret@curran3899.fsnet, Oct 18, 2004.

1. Edit: for current vacancies and contact details please see most recent posts

Hatfield Band 1st Section Yorkshire Champions are seeking a 'Full Time' percussionist. We are currently rehearsing for Pontins, and have entered Butlins which is taking place in January. We have a few forthcoming concerts, and hoping to make a CD in the very near future.

If you are interested please contact myself:p
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 19, 2009
  2. percussionist

i'm a drummer in the Halifax BBGB (marching band) and play the snare drum, but i am slightly interested in playing with a brass band, but i have to say that i have a lot of other commitments, but if you are just looking for a percussionist until january, then there might be a way.

Could i ask what i would have to put in (silly question i know) like practices, events, and where you are based.

if you are really stuck then i would like to help out, but i am 18 so practices might prove hard.

hope you find some one,
    Robert Batty
    18th Halifax Boys' Brigade
    Halifax BBGB
  3. Charmed

Charmed Active Member

Interested in Joining an Exciting Band?

Hatfield Band are currently looking for a Bass Trombone player ready for the National Finals in September and the Championship Section 2006. Our current member is leaving at the end of August to go to University.

And as with most bands ????

We are also looking for percussion players who wish to become full time members.

If your interested contact the secretary on susan.pratt@tesco.net or contact our brilliant MD, Graham O'Connor on 01142 481932.
  4. basebonetone

basebonetone Member

request for bass trom player

Hi, I am a bass trom player based in saddleworth. If you get stuck near the time I may be able to dep.
    My card is currently at Hepworth but is able to be cancelled if need be.
  5. Charmed

Charmed Active Member

Thanks Tony

Will keep you in mind if we don't manage to get a regular player signed up in time.
  6. Heppy

Heppy Member

Tony you band slag.....
  7. Charmed

Charmed Active Member

Regrettably players required!

Unfortunately, :( due to circumstances, Hatfield Band are looking for a Solo Horn player. This year we have the National Finals, a CD recording and Pontyns (First Section), and then the Championship Section from January 2006. Also looking for a committed Eb Bass player, Solo tutti cornet, and percussion.

Hatfield Band are a very friendly band with ambition. We have put in a lot of hard work to get where we are:clap: , and wish to remain there with commitment from the right players.
    Based 7 miles east of Doncaster, with easy access from the M18 and M180.

If you feel you may be the right player to join our team, email the Secretary, Susan, on susan.pratt@tesco.net
  8. No problem charmed. Tell me when you want me to start on solo horn, and i'll be there.
  9. Charmed

Charmed Active Member

Don't think you are moving anywhere.

I have to live with you, don't think I want to sit next to you at rehearsals too!

10. I know, I probably won't do that right either.
  11. Charmed

Charmed Active Member

At least you got that right!
  12. Simon_Horn

Simon_Horn Member

Re: Horn player looking for a band

Well, i'd love to help you out at some contests...........but unfortunately i'm in London!! damn.....if you are really stuck for any give me a bell though and perhaps I could slot in the section? I'm championship horn player not currently registered with a band. Possibly make a couple of rehersals before but as you can expect it's going to be difficult! haha

13. Charmed

Charmed Active Member

Thanks for the offer(??) Simon. However, you will be pleased to know that we are okay for the National Finals.
  14. laurz_oconnor

laurz_oconnor Member

see what you mean about yours an tim's little conversation! you live together and still talk on forums! strange :p
  15. Charmed

Charmed Active Member

Less Chance of 'falling out' then!!!!!! Laurz

See you later
  16. dyl

dyl Active Member

Anyways..................topic please!
  17. Charmed

Charmed Active Member

Solo cornet moved down South!!

Unfortunately our 3rd man has recently moved down South with work for a year. We would like to wish Drew well during his time there. :(

We are looking for an experienced cornet player who can compliment our successful, strong front row. This year we have a CD Recording and Pontins to aim for (as well as various concerts). Next year we move into the Championship Section (Yorkshire Area).

Currently we are working hard for the National Finals in September at Harrogate. Although Drew will still play at the Finals, if required, unfortunately he is not able to attend any rehearsals. If the right applicant comes along in time, and is a committed player wishing to join a very successful band, there is the possiblility of joining us in Harrogate (2 weeks to register!)

Hatfield Band is based 7 miles east of Doncaster, and the rehearsal room is close to the M180, M18.

To discuss further, contact our MD, Graham O'Connor, 01142 481932, or email, susan.pratt@tesco.net. Or PM me!!

Make that move now! And start the Championship Section with us!!!
    It's only 'Jouney to the Centre of the Earth' Ha Ha! Great! ;)
  18. Charmed

Charmed Active Member

Just to save anymore PM's asking 'where down South'!

Tumbridge Wells!
  19. Charmed

Charmed Active Member

New Recruits Welcomed at Hatfield

Hatfield Band would like to announce two new signings to our successful team.

Andrew Groom joined the band in July on Solo Trombone and John Corbey recently joined on Bass Trombone. Both are wished a happy and successful time with the band.

Both these young players have joined the band as a 'step up' in their musical career, and I am sure, under the direction of our conductor, Graham O'Connor, that both will reach their true potential very soon.

To complete our happy, successful team, we are still looking for a solo tutti cornet and a regular committed percussionist.

We have a busy concert and contest schedule remaining this year, and then the challenge of the Championship Section from January 2006.

We are a Yorkshire Band, based 7 miles outside Doncaster, and there is easy access to our bandroom from the M180 juction 1 and the M18, junctions 5 & 6.

If you interested in committing to a successful band, then respond in any way you want.
    Reply to thread, PM, email, susan.pratt@tesco.net, telephone 07774 149842.

Look forward to hearing from YOU!!!
  20. Charmed

Charmed Active Member

Do you want a challenge

Hatfield Band
    National Champions 2nd Section 2003
    Yorkshire Area 1st Section Champions 2004 & 2005
    Butlins Champions 1st Section 2005
    Championship Section 2006

Hatfield Band is currently looking to strengthen it's team ready for the Championship Section in 2006.

We are a very friendly band and work hard as a team. A lot of our players have been with the band since the 3rd Section in 2000 and we have succeeded with the natural replacement of some players and pure hard work. Under the Direction of Graham O'Connor, Hatfield Band has had amazing success over the last 5 years, and we are looking forward with anticipation to the difficult challenge of the Championship Section.

We are looking to fill the following positions due to work commitments:

Principle Eb Bass

From November 2005, we will also be requiring a Solo Horn

If you feel you would like to be part of this challenge and you are a TEAM player, then contact me via our Website www.hatfieldband.co.uk or PM me.