Haslingden and Helmshore Band vacancies

Discussion in 'Recruitment Corner' started by Space Cowboy, Oct 8, 2007.

1. Space Cowboy

Space Cowboy Member

Edit: for current vacancies and contact details please see most recent posts

Haslingden and Helmshore Band are an ambitious and fun band based to the north of Manchester.

So if you are up to challenge of a regular contest schedule [Pontins, Wilkinsons, Butlins, Brass at the Guild and our concerted effort to get straight back into the 1st section] mixed in with some entertaining concerts then we may be the band for you.

So if fancy the challenge give me a call and come along for a blow, we don't bite.

Phil Shatliff
    07899 983544
    haslingdenband@aol.com

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 27, 2012
  2. theMouthPiece Related Searches

Find more discussions like this one
    #FF0000
    Helmshore Band
    Manchester
    Haslingden
    Helmshore Band vacancies
  3. Space Cowboy

Space Cowboy Member

In our concerted effort to get back to the 1st section as soon as possible we now have the following vacancies:

Cornet, Front Row

Bari / Euph - flexible depending on what you play and how well you play it

Bb Bass

So if you are up to challenge of a regular contest schedule [Pontins, Wilkinsons, Butlins, Brass at the Guild and our concerted effort to get straight back into the 1st section] mixed in with some entertaining concerts then we may be the band for you.

So if fancy the challenge give me a call and come along for a blow, we don't bite.

WE are based on Haslingden, north of Manchester , close to the end of the M66 / A56

Phil Shatliff
    07899 983544
    haslingdenband@aol.com

4. Space Cowboy

Space Cowboy Member

We're still on the look out for quality players:

Cornet, Front Row

Bari / Euph - flexible depending on what you play and how well you play it

Bb Bass OR Eb Bass We can be flexible

We are based in Haslingden, north of Manchester , close to the end of the M66 / A56

Phil Shatliff
    07899 983544
    haslingdenband@aol.com

5. Space Cowboy

Space Cowboy Member

Latest update:

Cornet, Front Row

Flugal

So if fancy the challenge give me a call and come along for a blow.

We are based in Haslingden, north of Manchester , close to the end of the M66 / A56

Phil Shatliff
    07899 983544
    haslingdenband@aol.com

6. Space Cowboy

Space Cowboy Member

Latest update:

Cornet, Front Row

Flugal

Bb Bass

So if fancy the challenge give me a call and come along for a blow.

Phil Shatliff
    07899 983544
    haslingdenband@aol.com

7. Space Cowboy

Space Cowboy Member

Latest Update

Latest update:

Having just recruited a quality bass we are now on the look out for:

Cornets, Front Row / back row

Flugal

Euph / bari

So if you are up to challenge of a regular contest schedule [Butlins, Brass at the Guild and our concerted effort to get straight back into the 1st section] mixed in with some entertaining concerts then we may be the band for you.

So if fancy some fun along with some serious contesting give me a call and come along for a blow.

Phil Shatliff
    07899 983544
    haslingdenband@aol.com

Last edited: Jan 1, 2008
  8. Space Cowboy

Space Cowboy Member

Having just recruited a quality bass and filled the vacant flugel seat we are now on the look out for:

Cornets, Front Row / back row

Euph / bari

We need the above players in time to make a concerted effort to return to the first section at the NW areas

So if fancy some fun along with some serious contesting give me a call and come along for a blow.

Phil Shatliff
    07899 983544
    haslingdenband@aol.com

9. Having filled some positions in time for the recent NW Area contest, where we qualified for the finals in the 2nd section :biggrin:, we currently have the following vacancies :

Soprano cornet
    Front row cornet
    Back row cornet

So if you would like a chance to play at the finals in Harrogate then please get in touch and come along for a blow. We are based in Haslingden, which is just north of Manchester at the end of the M66. You can read all about us at www.haslingdenband.co.uk, and take a look at the photo galleries to see what a charming and attractive bunch we are :). We rehearse Tuesday evenings 8 til 10 and Sunday mornings 10 til 12.

I would also like to thank Brian Topping, who resigned as soprano cornet after the Area due to work commitments, for all the work he has put in to the band in the last few years.

Thanks,

Craig McFarland
    Tel: 07979 368598

10. Following a very successful first half of the year, where we featured in the prizes in all 5 contests we entered, Haslingden and Helmshore band are looking to complete our line up with at least one good quality cornet player as we begin preparations for the 2nd Section National Finals in September.

Recent contesting highlights have included a comprehensive win at Buxton, playing Peter Meechan's Purcell Variants, and some excellent Whit Friday results including two 2nd section wins and 7th place overall at Delph. So if you would like to join a band with a great atmosphere that is definitely going places, give me a call or contact us through the website.

Thanks,

Craig McFarland

11. We are still looking for a cornet player, as above...

12. theMouthPiece Related Searches

Find more discussions like this one
    #FF0000
    Helmshore Band
    Manchester
    Haslingden
    Helmshore Band vacancies
  13. We are still in need of a front row and at least one back row cornet player if you can help. We're a friendly lot, and you will have a good time with our band.

Cheers,

Craig

14. We require a tutti cornet and a back row cornet for after Pontins contest please. We have a busy and interesting Christmas schedule planned, and also Butlins contest weekend (which I guarantee you'll enjoy!) to look forward to in the New Year.

Call me on 07979 368598, or just turn up at the bandroom on a Tuesday evening or Sunday morning for a blow - you'll be made very welcome.

Craig

15. Haslingden and Helmshore need a solo euph for the NW Area (and beyond)

We are looking for a solo euph player to join us for the NW Area and hopefully beyond. We rehearse in Haslingden, about 15 miles north of Manchester (postcode BB4 5LS), on Tuesday evenings and Sunday mornings.

If you are interested then please give me a call on 07979 368598 or email craig@rtec.co.uk

Thanks,

Craig

16. Due to a couple of recent departures, we are now looking for a solo trombone player and a front row cornet.

Please PM me or get in touch on the email/phone number quoted previously if you might be interested.

Thanks,

Craig

17. We are still looking for a solo trombone and tutti solo cornet, along with a 2nd euph. If you are interested in any of these then please get in touch - craig@rtec.co.uk or 07979 368598.

We rehearse Tuesday evenings and Sunday mornings in Haslingden, about 20 miles north of Manchester.

18. Once again, we are looking for a solo trombone for the 2012 Area. Please get in touch, as above, if you're interested. The deadline for transfers is fast approaching, so the sooner the better please :)

19. Would you like to play at the National Finals in September?

We are looking to fill a permanent vacancy for a tutti front row cornet player, to strengthen our challenge for the finals and then onwards into the 1st section next year.

If you are interested, please get in touch. We rehearse in Haslingden, about 20 miles north of Manchester at the end of the M66.

Contact us via secretary@haslingdenband.co.uk

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 27, 2012
  20. We have a vacancy for tutti solo cornet to complete our line up for the Area contest. As of 2013 we are competing in the 1st section, and have just been placed a very creditable 8th out of 26 bands at the Butlins Mineworkers contest.

So if you fancy Brass Triumphant in March then please get in touch.

Note that we have recently had some IT problems, so as well as trying the contact details above please also send me a Private Message via this website, or post in this thread and I will get back to you.

Thanks

21. We currently require a Bb bass and a tutti solo cornet.

We rehearse in Haslingden, at the end of the M66 north of Manchester, on Tuesday evenings and Sunday mornings.

Please get in touch if you are interested.