Has tMP become a big brother site?

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Chat' started by DublinBass, Sep 7, 2004.

?

Has tMP become a big brother site?

1. Yes

9.5%
  2. No

52.4%
  3. Once they add CCTV webcams I'm outta here

38.1%
  1. DublinBass

DublinBass Supporting Member

I say this rather what tongue in cheek, but I've noticed you can tell if a user has read their pm from you, you can tell what a particular user is online and if they are what they are doing on tMP and now you can even tell how they voted on every poll.

Hmmm :rolleyes:

2. Naomi McFadyen

Naomi McFadyen New Member

...Cool eh! :lol:

3. super_sop

super_sop Supporting Member

Im pretty sure you could do most of this on the last version of the site.

you could see who was online and what they were doing, you could tell if they had read there pm's etc.

It wouldnt surprise me if the gods above (mods) could even tell were you were posting from, including what country! (thats how they sussed Ben and myself out in the BOC Bro house!:oops: )

4. Roger Thorne

Roger Thorne Active Member

Oh it's better than that. This new site comes with a built-in Moderator Web Cam, so not only do we know where you're posting from, we can see what you're doing as well!

;)

5. super_sop

super_sop Supporting Member

cop an eye full of this then!!:p

Edit: DUBIOUS IMAGE REMOVED (from memory - hopefully), PB, Mod

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2004
  6. DublinBass

DublinBass Supporting Member

Perhaps with over 60 views and only 3 votes to this point I should have made choice 4: "I don't want to vote because I don't want Big Brother to know what I think"

7. PeterBale

PeterBale Moderator Staff Member

That's assuming that Big Brother has to have a post to go on, rather than just taking in the brain impulses via the screen ;)

8. Di

Di Active Member

For those of us who missed it, can you give us a clue as to what you removed Mr B? :lol:

9. dyl

dyl Active Member

I think it was a dubious image Dinie! ;)

10. Sam Atherton

Sam Atherton Member

I think if he did that he'd have to moderate himself!

(That sounds kind of painful :shock: )

11. theMouthPiece Visitor Guide

Find more discussions like this one
    user
    big brother site
    tMP
    tongue
    cheek
  12. Dave Payn

Dave Payn Active Member

I was there for Boc Brother and I can tell yer, it wasn't fun being watched 24 hours a day, 7 days a week! ;-)

13. Di

Di Active Member

Oh yes it was! You loved every s***e stirring minute of it! :rolleyes:

14. Dave Payn

Dave Payn Active Member

Ah, yes. So I did.... (ahem!) ;-)

15. PeterBale

Believe me, the crucial part was the "from memory" section (could really have put "imagination) - it was a spin-off from Roger's comment about the Moderator Web Cam" :shock: ;) :oops:

16. lynchie

lynchie Active Member

and I always thought craig was such a nice boy... anyway, I don't think they're big brotherish, I think they're all lovely people, who do a difficult job really well, and want to give me £50 each...

(do you think it'll work?)

17. Di

Di Active Member

Hehe, get down on yer knees and say it again, it might! :p

Ditto to everything Lynchie said, although I do have reservations about members being able to see how each other voted in a poll, but maybe thats just me.

18. lynchie

lynchie Active Member

trying to hide your strong communist ideals are you? now everyone will know!!!!

19. sparkling_quavers

sparkling_quavers Active Member

that sounds like a good idea Lynchie! Bring it along to Pontins along with the money for the chalet and enough money to buy me all the drinks you owe me from after Flixton rehearsals!!! :cool:

20. 2nd man down

2nd man down Moderator Staff Member

how do you view that then?? (Mr. Thicko or what eh?)

21. PeterBale

If you click on the number of votes in any category, the names of those who voted for that option will be displayed.

When I queried whether this was a good thing, I was assured that it is possible to also set up a poll where voting is not visible, for more sensitive issues.

22. theMouthPiece Visitor Guide

Find more discussions like this one
    user
    big brother site
    tMP
    tongue
    cheek