Has Bernie Ecclestone finally gone completely senile?

Discussion in 'General Sports Chat' started by Thirteen Ball, Mar 3, 2011.

1. Thirteen Ball

Thirteen Ball Active Member

Just read this article on the BBC.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/motorsport/formula_one/9412871.stm

It starts out, fairly sensibly, as a discussion about when to reschedule the cancelled Bahrain GP. However, not - if you will - the following paragraph.

Now I'm all for livening up a dull race but....erm.... WHAT?!?!

When I consider some of the horrible crashes I've seen in motor racing due to sudden wet weather or mixed track conditions, this really does strike me as very epitome of supidity.

Last edited: Mar 3, 2011
  2. StellaJohnson

StellaJohnson Active Member

Anything to spice up what is really a very dull sport. I used to love F1 and go to alot of the races.

3. Thirteen Ball

Thirteen Ball Active Member

Yeah.... I'm sure Niki Lauda's crash at the Nurburgring, caused by a sudden shower of rain, was very exciting.

Just one minor detail. It did very nearly kill him.....

(Edit - just looked it up and it was actually a suspected suspension failure on a damp track - either way, the water didn't help)

Last edited: Mar 3, 2011
  4. StellaJohnson

StellaJohnson Active Member

It was a long time ago, and since the Aryton Senna incident, the sport has become much safer and they are paid a hell of alot to take the risk. Safety has become more paramount, although some tracks like montreal and monaco are a little dodgy. Crash and your out!

All we need now, is a few traffic lights, old ladies crossing the road, fairy liquid on the track etc and anyone can win instead of fuel stratagies or who has the best car. Looks like an exciting season to come!

5. nook1938

nook1938 Supporting Member

Bernie Ecclestone, I am sure, will have the same condition that I have, but I cannot remember what it is.

John