Has anyone else heard the 4th section area piece?

Discussion in 'The Rehearsal Room' started by tromwinst, Oct 1, 2009.

1. tromwinst

tromwinst Member

I have just received the recordings for the area' 2010. I'm loving the 4th section test piece! Brilliant!
    Really looking forward to getting stuck in after xmas!
  2. brut33

brut33 Member

Liked 4th and 2nd pieces. We're 3rd this year though... :-(
  3. Daisy Duck

Daisy Duck Member

Yep, can't wait til after Christmas when we'll start looking at it, sounds a lot of fun.
  4. Simon_Horn

Simon_Horn Member

The 4th and 2nd sound like lots of fun and it's great to see some new challenging test pieces from well established composers for brass band. I think the 4th is probably the hardest 4th section piece i've heard selected for an area contest though! ...still, I think that is what we need to raise the game. Fulham will have labour and love which will bring very different challenges but won't be a walk in the park as i've heard a few people say ....and how many bands in the 2nd section are we expecting to nail the 2nd movement pp with good intonation?? difficult ...
  5. Elliebone

Elliebone Member

Yes indeed. It's almost worth not winning last Saturday to play the Phil Sparke piece instead of Labour and Love. Almost. :-D

Agree with you Simon - Labour and Love has lots to test a band. Trombone recitative - tricky to get the right style!
  6. Daisy Duck

Daisy Duck Member

Same thoughts here!
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 2, 2009
  7. gixerjunkiemykee

gixerjunkiemykee New Member

Saint-Saens........ABSOLUTELY ****** FANTASTIC cant wait to work on it Thanks Mr Sparke.
  8. gixerjunkiemykee

gixerjunkiemykee New Member

Oh come on now it wasn't a rude word TMP pull yourselves into the 21 century for goodness sake!!!!!:eek: