Harsh! But fair?

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Chat' started by Cornishwomble, Jun 14, 2004.

1. Cornishwomble

Cornishwomble Active Member

2. bassinthebathroom

bassinthebathroom Active Member

Totally, I'd say :lol:
  3. Salli

Salli Member

Someone has actually bid £1,966.00 :shock:
  4. Nat

Nat Member

yep kick him!!
  5. Andy_Euph

Andy_Euph Active Member

HAHAHAHAHAHA. :lol: :lol: :lol:

Lets not be too harsh though at least Emile the donkey didn't fall over :D
  6. super_sop

super_sop Supporting Member

didnt fall over!! were you watchin the same match the idiot was on his rear only seconds after coming on!
    get him home asap!
  7. super_sop

didnt fall over!! were you watchin the same match the idiot was on his rear only seconds after coming on!
    get him home asap!
  8. lynchie

lynchie Active Member

now lets not over-react here... i say give him another 2 games...

9. WoodenFlugel

WoodenFlugel Moderator Staff Member

Nah! He's had long enough - he was over-rated even at Leicester and since moving to Liverpool (and on to Birmingham) he's even more over-rated.

Speed is nothing without control. (Was that a tag line from a car ad? If not it should be :? )
  10. Cantonian

Cantonian Active Member

He'll be really entertaining at Birmingam. If Robbie Savage goes near him he'll fall over. :!:
  11. Danny_L

Danny_L Member

Are you blaming England's loss on Heskey??

If anything, I would blame England's loss on that complacent pass from Gerrard.

Leave Heskey alone, he didn't do anything wrong. If the lad is that bad, then blame Sven for being so blind that he can't see what you can see!

I rate Heskey, not as a striker though. To me he seems like more of a hardworking midfielder. He can hold the ball up, he is powerful, he can finish (sometimes!).

I can't understand why he gets so much stick. If it is that obvious that he isn't a good player, then why does Sven pick him as an England regular?
  12. super_sop

why pick him???? now ther is the 64million dollar question!
    who knows what goes on in the mind of the swede?
    he took off one of the best palyers on the pitch, a player that was taking two - three players to watch! y the hell did the fool take off Rooney!!!!
  13. Danny_L

Danny_L Member

Despite my defence of Heskey, I do agree with you there!!

Why take Rooney off for Heskey?? The boy was having a decent game I thought, he looked like our only player who was interested in creating something!!
  14. super_sop

jst outa curiosity who got mom?
  15. Danny_L

Danny_L Member

16. Chunky

Chunky Active Member

Heskeys' tackle was rash at the very least but lets put in perspective.

1) For the whole of the 2nd half England defended far too deeply inviting the French on to them. And they deserved a goal because of the pressure we allowed them to apply. ie if we dont defend so deeply Heskey has no reason to be there defending on the edge of his own box.

2) If England actually played with an orthodox wide left player, rather than let Paul Scholes, whose form and confidence is not exactly high at the moment, England would have a more balanced feel to the team and be less predictable in build up. ie England have the ball so it comes down the right. It condenses the play and does not give time or space to the players on the right. Sven, get that sorted. Please. (Bridges at left back and move Cole forward?) If we are less predictable, we create more chances and not have the need to worry if Heskey comes on! (assuming we convvert them)

3) Rooney had to be replaced to give the lad a break, he gave his all but hopefully England will play 6 matches not just the 3 group matches, so who else do you replace him with?

4) If Beckham had taken a decent penalty it would not have mattered. You do not take a penalty at the sort of height he did without aiming for just inside the post. Not halfway between the keepers starting point and the post. Also how many penalties has Beckham taken against Barthez in training? But of course criticising Beckham is not allowed.

5) Gerrards' back pass. What was that all about. Last minute just conceded an equalizer. When in doubt hoof it out.

In summary, I believe that Heskey is not good enough, but to just lay the blame at his door is a bit harsh.
  17. PeterBale

PeterBale Moderator Staff Member

I also wondered whether one reason for bringing off Rooney was that he seemed to be getting more and more wound up as the match went on. With a tournament like this, with bookings totting up etc, you just cannot afford to give away anything silly, and some of the words he mouthed off at opponents and officials were ill-advised, to say the least :shock:
  18. Chunky

Chunky Active Member

Totally agree with that Peter. With our lack of striking options the last thing we need is needless suspensions
  19. ScrapingtheBottom

ScrapingtheBottom Active Member

I'd rather have Kevin Phillips there than Heskey, but it wasn't Emile's fault. Sadly Gerrard let the team down, especially after playing a very good defensive game. The "back pass" was a complete cock up, especially if you see that he had time to control the ball as well. As I said elsewhere, a draw would have been a good result.