Harry Potter- Book 6

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Chat' started by fitzy, Feb 3, 2005.

1. fitzy

fitzy Active Member

Just a quiery. Has anyone heard anything about the 6th Potter book? I finished the 5th today and I was just wondering...........................
  2. tubafran

tubafran Active Member

I think it comes out this summer - but I'm sure it will get plenty of hype for months before.
  3. Griffin

Griffin Active Member

Harry Potter and the Half Blood Prince...
    Do you reacon that is Harry?
  4. Cornishwomble

Cornishwomble Active Member

All the details here, plus Amazon are laready taking pre-release orders
  5. fitzy

fitzy Active Member

I know its a bit sad but I find them very good. Easy to read.

It's a shame that they hype them up so much. I don't think they need it.
  6. 2nd man down

2nd man down Moderator Staff Member

I reckon the Half blood prince is Neville Longbottom...there has to be something more to his character the way it's been building up!

Can't wait for book 6!!! :D ;)
  7. welshraz

welshraz Member

The new book will be out on the 16th July! I expect I will be queuing outside Waterstones at midnight again........
  8. fitzy

fitzy Active Member

Someones been looking into this deeply!

Can't blame you though. Very good books.
  9. 2nd man down

I've been consumed by them!! And I've had cold turkey since I finished No.5!!! :-(
  10. fitzy

fitzy Active Member

I think I've read them about 3 times each and I don't even own them! ;)
  11. 2nd man down

I've read them and then read them to my kids, so I've got them wittering at me constantly about when the next one is out too.
  12. fitzy

fitzy Active Member

I didn't even think about it until earlier today. I'm interested now that I know it is coming out soon. I know what I'm getting for my birthday ;)
  13. welshraz

welshraz Member

I love the books. Goblet of Fire is definatley the best (imo). this year will see the release of the 6th book and of the next film!! excellent year for HP fans
  14. WhatSharp?

WhatSharp? Active Member

My moneys on either Hagrid or someone we haven't met yet...
  15. welshraz

welshraz Member

its definatley not Harry or Voldemort. J.K. Rowling has already stated that it is not either of them.....guess that leaves the field wide open then
  16. Big Twigge

Big Twigge Active Member

yey a Harry thread! I love them and can't wait (although I'm not going to preorder from amazon...I didn't get it until about 4 in the afternoon last time) I'm going to go midnight shopping instead and book the day of work to start reading it.

Tis great to have pub conversations about Harry...some of the theories that people have are amazing and brilliant! I seem to remember Sal having some great ones at Easingwold....
    Will start rereading as soon as I break up from uni on the 24th June and the timing (if I control my pace) should take me to the end of 5 by the time the Half blood prince is out.

Excited Twigge
  17. rutty

rutty Active Member

I rather enjoyed the first four but I thought the fifth was a big let-down. Harry had a bit too much of the annoying adolescent about him and the death of *self censored* poorly handled. I'm still looking forward to the next one though - will probably buy it cheaper once the hype dies down ;)
  18. 2nd man down

But isn't that the beauty?...Adolescents are very annoyingly adolescent!! What always gets me is why Dumbledore doesn't kick "he who must not be named's" ar*e instead of leaving it to poor Harry all the time?? They poo poo'd Lockhart for that!!

"So tell me Harry, what exactly..is the function..of a rubber duck?" Classic line.
  19. rutty

rutty Active Member

Reading about an annoying adolescent in a book who's ALWAYS SHOUTING IN CAPITAL LETTERS is as equally tedious as meeting the little blighters in real life. On the whole I just didn't think that The Order of the Phoenix was as well written, plotted or paced as any of the previous four. It really felt like a kid's book which I didn't get from the first four.

Still, I've been reading Robert Jordan's Wheel of Time series and book ten of that was possibly one of the worst books I've ever had the displeasure to read. Thanks Rob, getting me so far into a series and after getting me to read well over 6000 pages chuck in an utter stinker! At least Harry Potter will finish after seven - you'll be thankful, trust me ;)
  20. yonhee

yonhee Active Member

Your probably glad youve never met me then....I dont shout in capitols though I just shout normly....