Harrogate 17.5.03

Discussion in 'The Auditorium - Concert Details' started by Straightmute, May 15, 2003.

1. Straightmute

Straightmute Active Member

The Harrogate Band will be presenting a concert at Starbeck Methodist Church, Harrogate at 7.30 this Saturday, 17 May.

On the programme is the first performance of Malcolm Arnold's Overture 'The Roots of Heaven' which has been arranged especially for the Band by Neil Richmond. It is very exciting music taken from Arnold's score to the 1958 film of the same name (which starred Erroll Flynn, Orson Welles and Trevor Howard).

Plus lots of other quality music, including Cornetgirl's stunning arrangement of Parry's 'I was Glad'.

Don't miss it...

D

2. PeterBale

PeterBale Moderator Staff Member

Hope it all goes well, although I think the new avatar may be more appropriate for Wonky Baton :lol:

3. cornetgirl

cornetgirl Active Member

Now I'm worried.....quality and myself in the same sentence....that new avatar's gone to your head! (Beaker's still cuter though.... :) )

Rach x

4. Straightmute

Straightmute Active Member

How dare you! It's clear, regular, doesn't and deviate from the tempo, and it's far less likely to upset the back row cornets. Admittedly it can't conduct bars of 7/8 yet but I'm thinking of asking it to take the rehearsal on Sunday...

D