Hardraw Scar 2010

Discussion in 'The Adjudicators' Comments' started by Toxophile, Aug 27, 2010.

1. Toxophile

Toxophile Member

Do we have a list of runners and riders yet, I can't see anything up on the YHBBA website yet.

Once the list is up, some prices from Paddy would be nice to see.
  2. Paddy Flower

Paddy Flower Active Member

Just waiting for the nod...
  3. YRBBC

YRBBC Member

The following bands are competing at Hardraw on Sunday

Chorley Silver Youth
    Elland Silver Youth
    Durham Miners Association
    Friendly Band
    Hade Edge
    Knaresborough Silver
    Lancaster City
    Rochdale Borough Youth
    Swinton & District
    Shepherd Group Concert
    Wetherby & District Silver

Music Adjudicator: David Horsfield
    Entertainment Judges: Jenny Horsfield and Stan Roocroft

Looking forward to another good day in a unique and beautiful dales venue behind the Green Dragon Inn.
    The Beer and Boots Festival is also on this weekend in Wensleydale so expecting it to be very busy.
    Good Luck everybody. :)
  4. Paddy Flower

Top Grade
    Hade Edge - 30/100 fav
    Harrogate - 9/4
    Durham Miners Association - 10/1
    Wetherby & District Silver - 12/1
  5. Paddy Flower

4th & Un-Graded
    Knaresborough Silver - 100/30 jt fav
    Friendly Band (Sowerby Bridge) - 100/30 jt fav
    Leyburn - 9/2
    Elland Silver Youth - 5/1
    Swinton & District - 13/2
    Otley - 9/1
    Lancaster City - 18/1
    Chorley Silver Youth - 100/1
    Rochdale Borough Youth - 100/1
    Shepherd Group Concert - 100/1
  6. Queenie

Queenie Member

Elland youth so low down?
  7. Paddy Flower

It'll be their first contest (to my knowledge) since last year's event. If you think my odds are generous then it's time to get a virtual bet on and make me look silly (not that I can't do that on my own of course)
  8. Masterblaster jnr

Masterblaster jnr Active Member

I'll do my first then :p Virtual tenner on Elland Youth, and £5 each way on Leyburn :)
  9. blue juice

blue juice Member

I'll go Harrogate for top section (slightly biased though) and Elland will walk 4th and ungraded.
  10. blue juice

blue juice Member

They have been very successful in the meantime at youth band level, winning the National Intermediate Youth Brass Band Championship and the Action Medical Research Youth Entertainment Contest receiving an invitation to perform at Brass in Concert
  11. MrB

MrB New Member

Quick note.... - Otley have to compete in the Top Grade for this competition after the double wins in previous years and the subsequent rule change last year that had then also playing in the top grade last year (when looking at form,)... With this in mind you may want to adjust the odds.
  12. Paddy Flower

You may have to clarify this rule for me. I notice you won 2 years ago and as a resulty had to play in Top Grade last year. As Elland Youth won last year doesn't that mean they ALSO have to play in the Top Grade this year?
  13. MrB

MrB New Member

AS we understand it...
    If a band wins TWO CONSECUTIVE years then for future years they must play in the Top Grade henceforth, unless there is significant cause in the future for them to compete in the lower again, this reason must be presented to the association for deliberation:

""Rule Addition, An unregistered/ungraded band which wins the lower section for two years running will be required to play in the top section in subsequent years unless there is a genuine reason for not doing so. Any such `reason' is required to be submitted to the Association for deliberation.""

Regarding Elland...If elland WIN the lower section this year, then as they are u/g it means that in future years they will be required to compete in the Top Grade (ie Win 2009, win 2010, topgrade 2011).

Hope this clarifies for you.
  14. Paddy Flower

Ah, so you won in '07 too (I didn't realise that). Do you know the FULL result that year? (just for my records)

You'd think they'd let you try and get a hat-trick first :rolleyes:
  15. ChrisWeir

ChrisWeir New Member

The rule change was because of a huge argument after Otley won the second time, they were accused of being "too good" to be in the ungraded section.
    There were many accusations thrown around at the time about borrowing players from other bands etc. All of which were untrue.

16. Queenie

Queenie Member

Elland Youth also won Hebden Bridge & Brighouse March Contest in the Youth Section. We've had a fantastic year.
  17. MrB

MrB New Member

Sorry For the delay paddy.
    Previous Results:
    1st Harrogate
    2nd Shepherd Building Group Brass
    3rd Wetherby Silver
    4th Broughtons Brass
    Elland Youth

You joining us tomorrow for the sun and fair weather?
  18. Paddy Flower

Thanks for that MrB.

You never know Paddy may be in the crowd tomorrow, might be playing, might be conducting, might even be adjudicating. But as the self-styled 'Stig' of tMP, nobody will ever know...
  19. Kjata

Kjata Member

Until you want to release your autobiography...
    Do you by any chance have a contract with tMP saying you must never reveal your true identity?
  20. Toxophile

Toxophile Member

My virtual tenner on Shepherd Group Concert Band for tomorrow please. Especially at those odds :)