Happy Star Wars Day!

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Chat' started by ju33les, May 4, 2006.

1. ju33les

ju33les Member

'May the 4th' be with you..........

:)-? Sorry, couldn't resist it!!!:rolleyes: )
  2. HBB

HBB Active Member

Haha - i'm going to try that at work!!!
  3. PeterBale

PeterBale Moderator Staff Member

Listening too much to Dave Payn have you been?
  4. sugarandspice

sugarandspice Active Member

I've already had a text this morning saying happy star wars day!

i dont think he was very impressed when all i had to say in reply was "ha!!"
  5. persins

persins Member

I've said this a couple of times so far today! I heard it on the Chris Moyles show and it made me chuckle then!! Not sure everyone immediately worked it out but most of the blokes did!
  6. tinytimp

tinytimp Member

My uni wind band conductor mentioned it last night as we were practising Star Wars (surprisingly).

Who comes up with these things? Some people just have too much time on their hands....
  7. Cornishwomble

Cornishwomble Active Member

At least it's a year till we have to hear it again
  8. Pops2501

Pops2501 Active Member

I told a bloke at work - but he is 80 and deaf and it loses impact really when you have to explain it...
  9. SAbandman

SAbandman New Member

Be mindful of today -

May the 5ith!!!

10. six pints

six pints Active Member

was 5 minutes to late reading this... sham, i know a lot of people who would have liked it
  11. bagpuss

bagpuss Active Member

Also for those of you who like me were still awake at the time, at 2 minutes and 3 seconds past 1 am it was 01:02:03 04/05/06. Next time that'll happen will be in 1000 years!!

12. Cornishwomble

Cornishwomble Active Member

Damn! Forgot about that, I'll make sure I'm awake for the next time ;)
  13. Naomi McFadyen

Naomi McFadyen New Member

:lol:thats clever....
    least next year we'd have :
    02:03:04 05/06/07

not quite as good as 01:02 etc but hey... if i can wake up in a thousand years I'll make sure I wont miss it!
  14. tubafran

tubafran Active Member

Heard some guy on the radio yesterday talking about this and although there is no relevance to these numbers they are fun - also mentions four (only number with same number of letters = 4), thousand is the first number with a letter "a" and 26 only number to fall between a cube and a square number 25=5x5 and 27= 3x3x3. Also 22nd of July is approximate Pi day (22/7) whereas in America proper Pi day is 14th March 3.14 which should be celebrated at 1.59am (3.14159).

Oh and what about those Fibonacci numbers and the Golden Sequence and Section?
  15. Tom-King

Tom-King Well-Known Member

The best days are what my old maths teacher used to call takeaway days....
    He was a bit sad and i think a lot of people actually believed him when he said he had a takeaway on every takeaway day....

The next one is on the 11th....
    11-5=06 ;)

TIMBONE Active Member

Fascinating stuff. When is the next palandromic date?
  17. PeterBale

PeterBale Moderator Staff Member

To some extent it depends on exactly which figures you're going to include: you could argue that the next will be 6.05.06!

I think the next proper one, if you count all the possible digits, will be 01.02.2010.