Happy St Yates Day

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Chat' started by Nanny Ogg, Jan 27, 2006.

1. Nanny Ogg

Nanny Ogg Member

It was 5 years ago today that Steven "Wurzel" Yates was instrumental in Tranmere's 3-0 win over Everton in the FA cup. So if there is any others from the SWA on this board - Happy Saint Yates Day!! oh for those days now

2. theMouthPiece Related Searches

Find more discussions like this one
    Steven ``Wurzel'' Yates
    Happy St Yates Day
    Everton
    Tranmere
    SWA
  3. 2nd man down

2nd man down Moderator Staff Member

Is that the same Steve yates that played for Huddersfield in our promotion year 2 years ago, retired abroad, came back, played 20 mins for Scarborough last week and then signed for Halifax on Tuesday???

He was a class player for us too if it's the same man!

4. Will the Sec

Will the Sec Active Member

And there was me expecting an obscure Pratchett reference....

5. Nanny Ogg

Nanny Ogg Member

It is the same Steve Yates, a class player. Halifax are lucky so and so.

2nd Man Down are you going to the Tranmere v Hudders match on 3rd Feb? Friday night is Prenton Night!!!!

6. 2nd man down

I'm afraid not, my resources would only stretch to home games and with the time i get in from work there's no way we could make it over there in time. I was at the home leg tho...a late Danny Schofield winner for us I believe it was? :rolleyes:

Pity we've forgotten how to score or win games since those halcyon days! :-?

7. Nanny Ogg

Nanny Ogg Member

SMD - shame you sin't going the match, there's nothing quite like Prenton Park for atmosphere on a Friday night. Its friendly and there's good banter in the pubs by the ground before and after the match.

Expecting a 0-0, and yeah you whopped us. Oh well such is banding and football.

8. 2nd man down

Well Blimey, I take it back!! 2-0 down and seemingly dead and buried today against Oldham, and then KAPOW!!- Schofield forces an own goal just before half time, WALLOP!! - pav nods one in just after half time, BANG!!! - our new loanee from Sheff Wed David Graham crashes home a low winner from outside the box with 25 minutes still to play!!!

What a marvellous comeback from an utterly awful first half performance!! Just keep remembering where that net is please boys!! :clap:

Next stop...Tranmere. :biggrin:

9. Nanny Ogg

Nanny Ogg Member

Corking game by the sounds of it. We pull out a numb braining boring 0-0 AGAIN. Put your money on 0-0 on Friday night

10. 2nd man down

Flippin' Heck!! :mad:

Beaten 2-1 and Swansea won, so we're 4th again...until tomorrow when we could drop further. :(

What makes it worse is Tranmere's winner was scord by Town "old boy" Delroy facey. :mad:

Not happy.:(

Well done Tranmere, I gather it was a deserved win. :clap:

11. julestools

julestools Active Member

Not quite the "numb-braining boring" score you put your money on eh Mistress Ogg. Have you no faith in your team ;)

xx

Jules

12. theMouthPiece Related Searches

Find more discussions like this one
    Steven ``Wurzel'' Yates
    Happy St Yates Day
    Everton
    Tranmere
    SWA
  13. Nanny Ogg

Nanny Ogg Member

Was a pleasant surprise. Great match. Hudders came out all guns blazing but couldn't keep the pace. Fantastic run down the left hand side and the young Tremaco scores his first senior goal. Zola retalliated after a late tackle too many and went in two footed. Sent off deservedly. TR down to 10 men. Despite the 1 man advantage TR hang onto the lead untill half time. 2nd half Hudders again come out all guns blazin and eventually their persitence pays off. 1-1 (was told by a Wendy that this guy would score). The match then become end to end with counter attacks from both teams.
    Double sub, MacAteer and Facey. MacAteer holds up balls in the midfield to allow Facey to run and beat the off side, well taken goal 2-1.

2nd Man Down, great match, exciting and we only just sneaked it. Best of luck for the rest of the season. You brought a big friendly crowd and thats always appreciated

14. 2nd man down

I listened to it on the radio, it said we weren't even at the races in the first half.

I just knew when you brought Facey on that he'd score the winner...fate always conspires against us like that.

When we sold Marcus Stewart to Ipswich a few years back who do you think popped up 2 weeks later to score Ipswich's winner against us?

It's nailed on if we play against anyone that used to be on our books he'll score against us. :mad:

15. Nanny Ogg

Nanny Ogg Member

It's nailed on if we play against anyone that used to be on our books he'll score against us. :mad:[/quote]

Tis the way, Scott Taylor always did it against us. oh well stress over for a week. Back to the stresses of the area.

16. 2nd man down

Tis the way, Scott Taylor always did it against us. oh well stress over for a week. Back to the stresses of the area.[/quote]

Aye, indeed. Good luck to you and your boys for the season too, unlike us you look to be coming in to form just at the right time.

Our lads need to get back in to the habit of playing for the whole 90 mins, not just 45 of them! :-? :(

17. 2nd man down

Today was much better, 5-0 over the MK franchise. A fantastic win!!
    Brentford and Colchester have games in hand on us but they're still playing catchup, here's hoping our points in the bag put enough pressure on them to make them slip up.

Pleased to have seen us hammer another nail in the coffin of English footballs abomination team tho.

18. PeterBale

PeterBale Moderator Staff Member

Good result I agree - and couldn't have happened against better opponents! - but as for Colchester playing catch-up, according to the table on teletext they're still ahead of you on goal difference;)

(Not a bad result for Southend either ;) )

19. 2nd man down

Hmmm, got my facts a bit wrong there didn't I?? Hadn't realised that the Swans had been pegged back to a draw late on either!! Woohoo!!!

Watch out League 1, the terriers are hitting form again.

20. Nanny Ogg

Nanny Ogg Member

Well done on beating Franchise FC. We were awful, nowt else I can add to that. Fingers crossed we ain't going to be in a relegation battle a few weeks.

21. 2nd man down

I hope you don't either...always kinda liked Tranmere for some reason.

We've got Swansea away, live on Sky on Friday night...should be a cracking match :tup ...but just you watch, Leon Night (spent quite some time on loan with us 2or 3 seasons back) will doubtless be instrumental in the result somehow if it goes their way...mark my words. Ex players always pop up to haunt you. :mad:

22. Nanny Ogg

Nanny Ogg Member

I'm hoping that too. I met a great bunch of Hudders in Whitby Bay last year in a bar, watching the first leg of the play-off against the Monkey Hangers. They found my reactions to the match far more entertainign than the match itself.

I have to admit I've never met a bad set of away fans from our league. Its the same friendly commradery you get with banding, familiar faces with the same passion.

Btw reckon you'll do the Swans no Pie-eating Trundle and they're a one man team.