Happy 4th July & Celebrations to all our US friends

Discussion in 'tMP Site News & Suggestions' started by TheMusicMan, Jul 4, 2005.

1. TheMusicMan

TheMusicMan tMP Founder Staff Member

[IMGLEFT]http://www.themouthpiece.com/images/liberty.jpg[/IMGLEFT] 4th July celebrations in USA...

tMP wishes a very happy 4th July to all of our US friends wherever you are. We hope you have a great time partying, grilling, celebrating or watching parades and fireworks, eating your 4th July picnic etc... and doing whatever makes you guys happy on your special independence day.

Here is an interesting link if anyone wants to know a little more about this day.
  2. DublinBass

DublinBass Supporting Member

I can't believe I have to teach on the 4th of July! How rubbish is that!!!

Seriously though if you read the link you'll find some info that is very stereotypical about Independence Day...and all quite accurate from my experience...I'm really missing home today...no burgers, no brats, no fruit salad, no fireworks, no parades and marching bands :-(

Thanks for the Happy wishes tMP staff!!
  3. Sam Atherton

Sam Atherton Member

But you've got a special tMP logo to try and make up for it! Have a nice day y'all :D !
  4. Steve Marcus

Steve Marcus Member

I'm marching in three (count 'em, 3) parades today with a 30-pound (weight, not value!) sousaphone on my shoulder. The only possible justification for this lunacy is that I'm getting paid for it, albeit a pittance...Hardly the same as Whit Friday...

In the evening, Chicago Brass Band is playing a full-length concert for the Lake Forest Symphony Orchestra Series before we shove off tomorrow morning for the WMC in Kerkrade.

And what is Amercians' favourite patriotic tune by which to watch the fireworks display on 4 July? Something by Sousa, right? Wrong. It's by that all-time great American composer, Peter Illyitch Tchaikovsky: the 1812 Overture. Sure enough, we're playing
    Denis Wright's brass band arrangement of this piece to accompany the boom-booms to send the crowds home with "oohs" and "ahhs" and smiles.
  5. HBB

HBB Active Member

Happy Independence Day

Especially for Pat and Diana,

Happy Independence Day. Love the new logo John!

Edit: threads merged ;)
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 4, 2005
  6. DublinBass

DublinBass Supporting Member

I can't see it at home :(
    (I did see it at work earlier today)
  7. PeterBale

PeterBale Moderator Staff Member

I had the same problem until I followed theMusicMan'sadvice and tried Ctrl F5 to clear previous settings, then it worked ;)
  8. TheMusicMan

Do you see it now Pat...? Ctrl F5 should do it. I shall leave it there for a few more days...:)
  9. EIBB_Ray

EIBB_Ray Member

Thanks John,

We had a good 4th. Unlike Steve we only played one concert. A morning concert for a city-wide pancake breakfast. It rained all through it, but the band was on a shell so only the end players got wet and the crowd had various selters throughout the park.
  10. drummergurl

drummergurl Active Member

i had a good july 4th... went to one of the disney water parks (i think... ive done soooooo much i cant quite remember if that was the right day...) and we were gunna go to city walk at universal studios to watch the fireworks... but we got distracted by rumbly tumblys on the way, so we stopped at pizza hut, saw lots of flashes.. thought it was fireworks then realised it was lightening :eek: soooo we never made it to fireworks, but did make it back to the hotel before it started chuckin it down! got very sunburnt that day too... shoulders are still all red n sunburnt!
  11. TheMusicMan

Hey Ray, you're very welcome sir! Hope you had a great day. Did you see the tMP logo tribute that I had put there?