Happy 10th birthday to tMP!

Discussion in 'The Rehearsal Room' started by MoominDave, Nov 13, 2012.

1. MoominDave

MoominDave Well-Known Member

I think we've missed it by a couple of days (TheMusicMan's founding account was activated 11/11/2002), but definitely a milestone worth noting... 10 years of keeping this place open is a superb effort.

:clap::clap::clap::clap::clap:

2. nethers

nethers Active Member

I'll second that. All the more impressive of TheMusicMan given the ratio of thanks to cr@p/threats/trolls, it can't be easy to keep the enthusiasm up.

Here's to the next ten years!

3. Keith Stanley James Lever

Keith Stanley James Lever Supporting Member

themouthpiece :

Many happy returns to themusicman, what a marvelous idea in 2002 and now still growing strong.

Keep up the good work John.

Kindest regards.

KSJ.

4. mikelyons

mikelyons Supporting Member

OMG! Where do the years go? Well done to John and the team for keeping tMP going for 10 whole years. :clap:

5. wife divine

wife divine Supporting Member

Fantastic !!!!! What an achievement !!!!!

6. Backrowdiva

Backrowdiva Member

After 3, Happy Birthday to you, Happy Birthday to you

7. Will the Sec

Will the Sec Active Member

8. ploughboy

ploughboy Active Member

It's been a great addition to banding life - well done John and everyone else who's helped tMP keep going over the years. . :)

9. Andrew Norman

Andrew Norman Member

Thank you..........

10. John Brooks

John Brooks Well-Known Member

Congratulations John and thanks.

11. theMouthPiece Visitor Guide

Find more discussions like this one
    couple
    account
    milestone
    effort.
    place
  12. TheMusicMan

TheMusicMan tMP Founder Staff Member

Many thanks all, very nice of ya!

It's been one interesting journey I can tell you :)

Thanks also to those who have supported tMP over the years, your contributions have most certainly helped.

13. rutty

rutty Active Member

Wow, ten years already?

I think that tMP is an immensely important aspect of the banding community. Thanks for keeping it going John - it IS much appreciated :)

14. iancwilx

iancwilx Active Member

Can I add my "Happy Birthday" too to tmp ? ~ You are responsible for Mrs W wearing her voice out shouting " Are you on that ******** brass band website AGAIN"? on innumerable occasions !

Ten years good work guys.

~ Mr Wilx

15. Jan H

Jan H Moderator Staff Member

Happy Birthday!
    Without kit,I wouldn't have gotten to know so many nice people accross the Channel (and also some less nice ones ;-) )

16. bbg

bbg Member

Congratulations from North of the Border as well - a fantastic achievement to keep a forum such as this running for such a time

17. timbloke

timbloke Member

Been about a year since I was last here, but as I was wandering around the threads it struck me that it must be about 10 years since the site started. Many congratulations to John and the team - thinking back to the various events in my life over the last 10 years - got a job, changed band, went on band tour, met girlfriend, played for tMP band in a freezing Birmingham, changed band, went on band tour, played for tMP band at Pontins, proposed to girlfriend, changed band, got a car, changed band, got a dog, got married, got a house, changed band, became a dad, quit playing to start conducting, dad a second time, quit banding (just in time by the look of some of the threads) - things have changed a bit.

Wonder what the next 10 years will bring?

Belated happy birthday. Thanks and well done.

18. michellegarbutt

michellegarbutt Supporting Member

I've made some really good friends and had some great times through this forum, including whit fridays, easingwold and children in need (wher I made tmps 1st birthdaycake). Its still strange when I get people running up to me at band contests and throwing their arms around me (when I'm thinking I wish I knew who you were). How you all recognise me from little avatars I really don't know.