Halloween at Pontins

Discussion in 'The Rehearsal Room' started by bandcampgal, Oct 19, 2004.

1. bandcampgal

bandcampgal Member

Bit of a random question here but just wondering if anyone was planning on dressing up for Halloween on the Sunday night at Pontins? And if anyone is then what as? traditional or something more contemporary?!

A few people in our band are planning it (I think!) so I was just wondering what the general thought on it was?! I know Iv seen a few people dressed up in previous years, but that might be to do with alcohol consumption that close proximity to Halloween! I do remember one year looking up at a window and seeing a semi-neked man with a face painted on his chest who then invited us up for a drink! ah the fun and frolics of pontins!

Personally I was planning on going as a drunk-bandswoman, skint-scruffy-studenty type! Im hoping by the time Sunday night rolls around I'l be to merry to care whether im in fancy dress or not!

Views on my planned outfit much appreciated ;)

2. theMouthPiece Related Searches

Find more discussions like this one
    Pontins
    question
    anyone
    something
    man
  3. Cornishwomble

Cornishwomble Active Member

I'd say there was going to be enough horrific sights that weekend without anybody dressing up!

4. ian perks

ian perks Active Member

One of the adjudicators wants to mind he does not get thrown in to the CULDERON:x

5. Lauradoll

Lauradoll Active Member

Ha ha that's fantastic!!! I totally agree with that ha ha nice one!!!

6. In a word.....

NO

7. Sellers_Bird

Sellers_Bird Active Member

mainly not... some ppl will dress up but i think its a band thing ie. loads of ppl with the same theme! :S

8. geordiecolin

geordiecolin Active Member

Did Halloween fancy dress a few years back. My effort was pretty terrible, my bin bag got ripped it like 2 seconds. Still got nicely sozzled though... There was a suggestion of a BBS t-shirt for this year with the 4br quote about our wife of bath section in Chaucers Tunes (Sex on tap! Hot, hot, hot and this could make you blind! Brill!) on the back but it seems to have died a death.

9. sugarandspice

sugarandspice Active Member

adam wanted us to dress up as life guards! :) would have been interesting, think hes been out voted tho!

10. backrowbloke

backrowbloke Member

Ms Twigge was trying to persuade some men to wear kilts! :shock:

11. Crazysop

Crazysop Member

a pair of devil horns will be our theme!!!!

12. theMouthPiece Related Searches

Find more discussions like this one
    Pontins
    question
    anyone
    something
    man
  13. bigmamabadger

bigmamabadger Active Member

Dammit! Was hoping no-one would make that connection. Will attempt to find badger-striped Morticia wig then...
    BMB
    xx

14. Big Twigge

Big Twigge Active Member

I'd forgotten about that, I do hope you won't let me down!

15. flugelgal

flugelgal Active Member

GOOD GIRL!!! Knobbly knees contest material, that! ;)

16. lynchie

lynchie Active Member

hehe, wont catch me in a kilt...

17. Big Twigge

Big Twigge Active Member

Arhh please....I've offered Gary 2 pints, a portion of chips and a giant sausage if he does.....

18. backrowbloke

backrowbloke Member

Cheeky madam! I have very nice legs thank you :D
    Hmmmm....its the sausage I'm worried about ;)

19. satchmo shaz

satchmo shaz Active Member

think some of our lot will be in halloween gear!!

20. bandcampgal

bandcampgal Member

wel i reckon the extent o my costume will be wings or the such like! i just wanted 2 find out whether any1 thought a FULL ON costume would b 2 OTT! cos thats what sum ppl i know r goin for! - just to clarify that i aint behind the dressing up lark!

me and a couple o ladeez were gonna get matching knickers (private joke but one that Carina will appreciate hehe!)

21. Il go for the knickers (if you can call so little material knickers!) but no I won't be dressing up at all.

I reckon its only the adolescents of the band world who will actually go for the full on out fit and look pretty stupid all alone in the ballroom when the rest of us are bigging it up in the club!! Actually though that ain't true coz now they let everyone in the club - a few years ago when I was about 15 they wouldn't let me in but now they let anybody in! How does everyone feel about? Or is it just me that gets annoyed about it?

Remember Rhiannon "You know when you've been Robyed!!!"

22. bandcampgal

bandcampgal Member

shhhhhhh i wernt gonna mention the catchphrase! thats a surprise! wel not anymore foo!

i do get a bit peeved at how slack pontins have got with ther under18s policy. fair enough i got in wen i was 14/15 but it wuz a major undercover mish! now the little dudes jus waltz past the bouncers! tres unfair!