Half term

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Chat' started by savewaterdrinkbeer, Feb 6, 2008.

1. Half term is coming up again in the next few days, who is going away?
    if you are lucky enough to have to work in a school.

im off to the czech republic on friday for 5 days.

where is everyone else off to?
  2. tam-tam2

tam-tam2 Member

I shall finish for half term next Friday (the 15th). As it is my 30th birthday on Valentine's Day I am off back to Wales for a belated celebration. I may pop in to see the players in my old band too.
  3. a very flat b

a very flat b Member

:(I'm going to Paris on the 13th for 3 days. The Sainted Mrs. B Flat isn't, she's not impressed (polite version).:(
  4. ploughboy

ploughboy Active Member

I'm heading to Devon (to see the missus), although I have to set off back (for band) Wed so i'll up here again for Valentines!
  5. super_sop

super_sop Supporting Member

we (the family that is) are off to north wales for a few days Holyhead to be precise.

If your about you'll catch me on the breakwater fishing.
    bring it on!!!!
  6. sparkling_quavers

sparkling_quavers Active Member

We break up on friday yey! We are not going away as OH is not a teacher so is at work. I am planning to have some lazy mornings, spend most of the time on the allotment, do a bit of shopping, generally relax and do no work! :biggrin:
  7. Chris Hicks

Chris Hicks Member

we break on the 15th and on the 16th i'll be flying to italy for a weeks skiing in the dolomites!

Can't wait i love skiing sooooo much!! And this area is going to be stunning!

8. vonny

vonny Member

I'm stranded in Chicago at the moment as there is severe weather in the midwest. I have a few plans for half term, but I will have to see when I actually arrive in the UK.
  9. Blagger

Blagger Member

Off to Mar Menor in Spain at 4am on Saturday
    Have class from hell last lesson on fri - but will I care??:D :D
  10. towse1972

towse1972 Active Member

Off to a log cabin in Wales with 5 mates on Monday. Gotta come back on Thursday for band though! Cant wait... 4 days of drunken debauchery!! (hopefully)
  11. Pythagoras

Pythagoras Active Member

Doing absolutely nothing, need half-term to recover, even after a 5 week stretch, which is nothing. Considering a beer festival in Rotherham, but its in a school which is a bit of a turn-off! Will mostly be inflicting bad renditions of James Cook bflat bass part on the people upstairs.
    Last edited: Feb 6, 2008
  12. Robhibberd29

Robhibberd29 Active Member

Is that because you're now a member of a 1st section outfit Dan? ;-)
  13. Pythagoras

Pythagoras Active Member

No, can inflict bad renditions of any piece on the people upstairs, just changes the piece.
  14. Robhibberd29

Robhibberd29 Active Member

Well it certainly didn't take you long to change your signature did it now? Show off!
  15. Lauradoll

Lauradoll Active Member

I break up on the 14th- got a week of being lazy planned. Still got to finish my Desperate Housewives series 3 box set to finish watching and a few books to read. Treat.
  16. leisa

leisa Active Member

I shall be working, going to band, practising james cook and working again..lucky me I am just filled with excitement :frown:
  17. Lewis Chris

Lewis Chris Member

We break up today, but have the school production still running until Saturday. Good laugh though, shame the kids have all gone a bit mental today, lol.

Not much planned, but going to the O2 arena to see the the egypt thing that I'm not even going to attempt to spell.
  18. sugarandspice

sugarandspice Active Member

Leaving me on my own for Valentines!Stupid Band! I have my busiest week of lectures next week so no half term for me! I will however be making the most of having all my meals cooked for me, my flat cleaned and a personal taxi service! ........he just doesn't kno9w it yet! :)
  19. ploughboy

ploughboy Active Member

20. BIG Paul

BIG Paul Member

Don't work in school but off next wednesday to Tunisia

hope its better weather than here