Gwernaffield Silver Band - Latest Vacancies and Information

Discussion in 'Recruitment Corner' started by MrsDoyle, Feb 2, 2009.

1. MrsDoyle

MrsDoyle Supporting Member

LOOK AT THE END OF THIS THREAD FOR THE LATEST UPDATES IN OUR VACANCIES

www.gwernaffieldsilverband.org.uk is our website - feel free to take a look.

Gwernaffield Silver Band has existed for over 100 years in the small village of Gwernaffield, near Mold. Currently, however, attendance has deteriorated and we desperately need dedicated players for our band. We rehearse twice a week, Sunday 7-9pm and Wednesday 7.30-9.30pm. If you would like more information, please see our website shown above, which shows our many achievements and a wealth of information on some of the musicians in the band. Contact details are also available at the bottom of the band's page. You can also PM me here or email me and I will pass on your details to the chairman. I am the first horn player for the said band and we particularly need a soprano cornet player, but have a need for players of all types. Any communication would be appreciated.[​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 24, 2009
  2. MrsDoyle

Gwernaffield Silver Band

Latest Vacancies: 26th February 2008
    Until further updates are published, this list is current and there are no more vacancies ***except those listed***. We welcome all kinds of players of all ages and abilities.

Soprano Cornet
    Solo Cornet
    Bass Trombone
    Euphonium
    Baritones
    First Trombones
    Percussionist

Please contact me or 'Corporal Jones' (MD) via this site or through channels of communication mentioned in the first post.

This year the band will primarily be entertaining, but we will be entering the Whit Friday marches and are aiming for six or more 'contests' in order to get on the 'score sheet'.

Please do not contact me by e-mail without a subject line - e-mail messages without these are immediately deleted due to spam buildup.

3. Corporal Jones

Corporal Jones New Member

Gwernaffield silver band

We would welcome players of any standard to our Bi-weekly practice nights.
    All ages and grades welcome.We also have two groups of learners on a Monday and Wednesday night
    The senior band currently has 20 regular players and We could do with a soprano player,Bb cornets ,a Euphonium and G Trom,But any other are equally welcome.
    Our practices are 7:30 - 9:30pm Wednesday and Sunday night.
    The Address of our rehearsal room is:

Gwernaffield Church Hall,
    Church Lane,
    Gwernaffield,

Mold,
    Flintshire
    CH7 5DT

...So if you are free,tap this into your Satnav and please come along - you never know you may enjoy it!

Edit: threads merged as per tMP Recruitment Guidelines

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 8, 2009
  4. MrsDoyle

Latest Vacancies: May 2009 Update 1

We currently have the following positions vacant in the band.

Soprano Cornet
    Solo Cornet
    Bass Trombone
    Baritone

Please contact me or 'Corporal Jones' (MD) via this site or through channels of communication mentioned in the first post.

We will be entering the Whit Friday marches and are aiming for six or more 'contests' in order to get on the 'score sheet'. If you would like to help, please email our webmaster: aceofbass@gwernaffieldsilverband.org.uk

All players are welcome but we especially need the above.

Please do not contact me by e-mail without a subject line - e-mail messages without these are immediately deleted due to spam buildup.

Daniel Jones
    May 2009

5. MrsDoyle

Gwernaffield Silver Band Looking for a Sop!

Gwernaffield Silver Band would like to have a Soprano Cornet attending the band. If there are any such players in North Wales, we would be interested in hearing from you. You must be flexible and available on a Sunday and Wednesday night.

Please PM me or email me via the link in my signature.

Details of other vacancies in the band can be found in our thread here.

I am looking forward to hearing from some prospective players!

Best wishes,
    Daniel

Edit: Threads merged as per tMP Recruitment Guidelines

Last edited by a moderator: May 27, 2009
  6. Latest Vacancies and Information - June 21st 2009

Gwernaffield Silver Band is currently looking for some new players to join our small but friendly group. Current requirements include:

Eb Soprano Cornet
    Bb Solo Cornets
    Bb Baritone
    Bb Solo Trombone
    G Bass Trombone
    Bb Bass

Everyone is welcome to our practises, which are on Mondays and Wednesdays from 7.30pm-9.30pm. Why not come along and try it out?

If you have any questions, please PM this account quoting the 'ref' at the bottom of this post or contact 'jones.daniel' (Click here to PM him). You can also reach us using the links in our signature.

Many thanks.

Posted by: dj Ref: RECRUITMENT21609 Date: 21/6/2009

7. Minor Update :: 30th June 2009

Latest Vacancies and Information - June 30th 2009

Gwernaffield Silver Band is currently looking for some new players to join our small but friendly group. Current requirements include:

Eb Soprano Cornet EDIT: this vacancy may have been filled - watch this space
    Bb Solo Cornets
    Bb Baritone
    Bb Solo Trombone
    G Bass Trombone
    Bb Bass

Everyone is welcome to our practises, which are on Mondays and Wednesdays from 7.30pm-9.30pm. Why not come along and try it out? Our band room address is:

Church Lane,
    Gwernaffield,
    Mold,
    Flintshire
    CH7 5DT

Click here for a map

If you have any questions, please PM this account quoting the 'ref' at the bottom of this post or contact 'jones.daniel' (Click here to PM him). You can also reach us using the links in our signature.

Many thanks.

Posted by: dj Ref: MINORUPDATE30609 Date: 30/6/2009

8. Latest Vacancies and Information - June 30th 2009

Eb Soprano Cornet EDIT: we would still be interested in hearing from prospective Sop players
    Bb Solo Cornets
    Bb Baritone
    Bb Solo Trombone
    G Bass Trombone
    Bb Bass

Everyone is welcome to our practises, which are on Mondays and Wednesdays from 7.30pm-9.30pm. Why not come along and try it out? Our band room address is:

Church Lane,
    Gwernaffield,
    Mold,
    Flintshire
    CH7 5DT

Click here for a map

Many thanks.

Posted by: dj Ref: MINORUPDATE5709 Date: 5/7/2009

Last edited: Jul 5, 2009
  9. Latest Vacancies and Information - June 30th 2009

Eb Soprano Cornet EDIT: vacancy still stands
    Bb Solo Cornets URGENT: Please contact us if you are available and live in North East Wales
    G Bass Trombone
    Bb Bass

Church Lane,
    Gwernaffield,
    Mold,
    Flintshire
    CH7 5DT

Click here for a map

Many thanks.

Posted by: dj Ref: FULLUPDATE30709 Date: 30/7/2009

10. Hells Bones

Hells Bones Active Member

Are you sure it's a G Bass trombone you're after?

11. theMouthPiece Visitor Guide

Find more discussions like this one
    COLOR=Red
    Gwernaffield Silver Band
    Gwernaffield Silver Band - Latest Vacancies
    COLOR
    wealth of information
  12. MrsDoyle

Blame the MD... everybody does ;-)
    Are you looking to join our ranks?

13. Hells Bones

Hells Bones Active Member

Probably not, Dan.

I live in Cardiff most of the time and just north of Manchester the other bit of time!

14. Urgent Appeal: Gwernaffield Silver Band Require Solo Cornets

URGENT APPEAL FOR SOLO CORNET PLAYERS

Gwernaffield Silver Band (2007 National Eisteddfod 4th Section Winners) urgently require new solo cornet players to fill vacancies in our band. Unfortunately, we lack solo cornets that are able to make a commitment, so require new players as soon as possible.

Please telephone 07928404417 (our MD) for more details. Please also feel free to PM us.