Gwent Solo, Quartet and Ensemble Contest

Discussion in 'The Adjudicators' Comments' started by chris turner, Apr 1, 2011.

1. chris turner

chris turner New Member

Following the highly successful Solo, Quartet & Ensemble Contest last year, Gwent Music Services has confirmed that the 6th Solo, Quartet & Ensemble Contest organised by Gwent Music Support Service will now take place on Saturday 4th June 2011 at the YMCA, Mendalgief Road, Newport.

The contest is open to all, and in past years has included people from all over the UK.

The adjudicators for the day will be Joanne Childs Flugel of The Cory Band and Paul Holland Musical Director of the Flowers Band.

Closing date

The closing date for all entries is Friday 21st May 2010, and copies of the rules, classes and entry forms can be obtained by emailing Chris Turner at chris.turner47@sky.com or downloading attachments below.

Attached Files:

2. Hmmmmm i think i might apply for this chris! ive spoke to a few from west glam and we're gonnah enter the quartet contest :)

3. chris turner

chris turner New Member

Great Ceri look forward to seeing and hearing you on the 4th June.

4. jockinafrock

jockinafrock Active Member

Had a great time last year - well organised and very friendly! Look forward to bringing the boy down again! :D

5. Cochyn

Cochyn Member

Want to do a few more contests this year, but getting married on that day.....not gutted I'm missing it though :lol:

6. chris turner

chris turner New Member

Just a quick reminder that anyone interested in the Gwent Solo contest the closing date is this coming Friday May 20th.

7. jockinafrock

Thanks for reminding me! :oops: In the post tommorrow Chris! :tup

8. jockinafrock

Congratulations on another slick and excellently-run comp Chris! :clap: The silverware was a bonus, but had a very enjoyable trip down anyway! Always nice to attend this comp - highly recommended folks! :D