Guten Tag

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by Rhonda, Oct 16, 2008.

1. Rhonda

Rhonda Member

Hi there,
    you will find out that I'm not a native speaker, anyway. So why hide it?
    And as if that wasn't bad enough, I'm not a brass player either. What the hell.......?
    I'll tell you:
    I didn't know anything about the "British Brass Band scene" till I met my husband 20 years ago(yes, I'm really thaaaaat old), the only thing I knew was our German Hoompah music which is enough to put you off music alltogether;)

He introduced me to this fascinating world of high quality brass playing, the first high light being meeting Alan Morrison in Cologne and Steven Mead in Ransbach.

When searching after a piece of music we have arranged and published, I found the mouth piece forum. And having recently moved to Wales I thought it might be a good idea to register in. I think in long term Sean will share this account with me. He's better with Brass Instruments(and English!!!),I'm the internet freak.

Any questions?:biggrin:

2. Hells Bones

Hells Bones Active Member

Welcome to the forum, and don't worry about being foreign or not even a brass player. We have others here who are like that!

Hope you have fun!

3. daveredhead

daveredhead Member

Welcome to tMP!!! I am sure you will enjoy the gentle banter and sometimes banal chats, but otherwise we are pretty sane and a friendly bunch!!! I suppose i am not classed as a brass player either, but sop players are in a world of our own
  4. eanto

eanto Member

Great name 'Rhonda' valley! And welcome. Get to know brass, you might like it! With A Morrison and S Mead as an introductory, you can't go wrong!
  5. steve butler

steve butler Active Member

If you need further help with your English (I think not!) we have a language expert on here (Brassbandmaestro) who can help you with the finer points of gramatticolitis (we call it BBM'ish, also known as irritable vowel syndrome). Have a look at some of his posts, you'll get the picture :wink:

Nice to have you on board Babs, have a stroll down the random section some time and meet the stranger members of tMP :D
  6. swisscornet

swisscornet Member

Hi Barbara,

welcome to the world of brass bands and to the mouthpiece forum.

As you can see in my username I am originally from Switzerland, living now in the UK.

Have fun and see you around.

7. Rodney

Rodney Member

G'Day and welcome to the madness Barbara - don't worry about not playing an instrument........I've been playing for years now and still am no good :)

8. Rhonda

Rhonda Member

"Rhonda" is my daughter. Aged 2 she's already into brass music, "playing" a Pless-Horn(small hunting horn). We actually tried to name her "RhonDDa", but the German authorities couldn't manage to get two "D"s together.
    First thing we heard when returning from hospital with her, was a friend of ours singing "Help me, Rhonda"... Great start!

Thanks for your uplifting words. It's not as if I don't play any musical instrument at all. Being a concert pianist, I manage the piano to quite a reasonable standard;).
    And some other keyboard instruments(the ones that can't run away:biggrin:).

And-would you believe- the recorder. Not these awful means of torture you all might know but really BIG ones( up to 2m in hight!! Subsubcontrabass!!!).

You see, I do have my ways of driving peolpe crazy:cool:.

And when I'm not practising, there is always my dear husband to keep up the music. And Rhonda..... and Baby(11 months, who doesn't know she's called Megan, yet)

P.S.: Good to know there are other "continentals" around:tup
  9. Robhibberd29

Robhibberd29 Active Member

Wie Gehts? :)
  10. Rhonda

Rhonda Member

Danke, gut!
  11. goldencornet

goldencornet New Member

Hi there!

Just wanted to welcome you to the forum. Theres no need to worry about not playing an instrument. Were really quite a freindly bunch!!!!
  12. Rhonda

Rhonda Member

Hi there,
    it's nice to know you don't regard the piano as a musical instrument. Otherwise: read my posting carefully:biggrin::biggrin:

13. eanto

eanto Member

It's not a proper instrument is it? :biggrin: Only good for a 'concert' for example :rolleyes:
  14. Rhonda

Rhonda Member

At least a piano can get you through the winter and keep you warm. And it's not related to a drain pipe :cool:
  15. steve butler

steve butler Active Member

Chestnuts roasting on an open top grand :biggrin:
  16. Rhonda

Rhonda Member

That's what life is all about. And you can do that on brass. Gives the chestnut an unpleasant taste. :eek: