Guitar Hero

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Chat' started by Leyfy, Sep 28, 2009.

1. Leyfy

Leyfy Active Member

Anyone else addicted!?

2. themusicalrentboy

themusicalrentboy Active Member

never played it.

3. Hells Bones

Hells Bones Active Member

I know a guy who can do all but one of the songs on Expert mode.

4. Getzonica

Getzonica Active Member

Same.

Isn't it for the xbox or play station? Cos I don't even have one of those...

5. DMBabe

DMBabe Supporting Member

Tried it...... sucked at it..... but Thirteen Ball explained to me it has a delay so if you have a sense of rhythm then you're stuffed. Explains why my brother who can't count or dance is so good at it! ;)

6. Kjata

Kjata Member

I've got tap tap on my iPhone, which is essentially the same as guitar hero! It's great!!

7. wittig

wittig Member

It doesn't have a delay. If it has a delay it needs calibrated so that it doesn't. It's a rhythm game, so people with rhythm generally do really well - its also more fun than practicing that difficult bit in a test piece that you can't get right. I love guitar hero!

The really tricky bits are in songs that you don't know- sometimes the tempo changes and it doesn't tell you to molto rall or sometimes the time signature changes and it doesn't tell you to play that bar in 7/8 time. In fact I think I am going to write to the manufacturers to tell them about their glaring omissions!

8. worzel

worzel Member

Yeah, the notation is the worst: scrolling "hit me when I hit the line"s. I find it bad enough trying make a triplet sound different to a 3/8ths 3/8ths 2/8ths anyway, never mind when I can't even see which one I'm supposed to be playing.

9. Leyfy

Leyfy Active Member

Yup - I'd agree 100%!

Just got guitar hero 5 in the post and downloaded Mr. Brightside. Can get about 92% on medium but I always get booed off on hard mode! lol

10. worzel

worzel Member

I wonder if anyone else has the problem I have. Whenever I calibrate the delays I get different results. Says a lot for my timing :)

11. theMouthPiece Visitor Guide

Find more discussions like this one
    Anyone
    Guitar Hero
  12. wittig

wittig Member

Guitar Hero Metallica is probably my favourite. The drum parts are really difficult though if you're not a kit player (like me).

They might make this another thread, but what tracks would you have on the game if they ever made a "brass band hero" game?

13. worzel

worzel Member

Well as I'd just have to waggle and blow to get the recording to play I guess I'd go for some Canadian Brass recordings and pretend like I could play them.

14. MrsDoyle

MrsDoyle Supporting Member

Floral dance!

;-)

15. Getzonica

Getzonica Active Member

Bandology:biggrin:

16. six pints

six pints Active Member

I love guitar hero. Saving up for 5 and metallica atm, have all the others. I told myself I wasnt allowed anymore till i did my last two expert songs on 3 (one and raining blood are impossible) but I may have to relent.

17. Hells Bones

Hells Bones Active Member

Wait til you try "Through the fire and flames" by Dragonforce!

18. six pints

six pints Active Member

I think my arthritis might have a thing or two to say about that!

19. Kjata

Kjata Member

completly of topic but i absolutely love your signature!!! ;)

20. JesTperfect!

JesTperfect! Member

I LOVE this game.

If I spent more time practicing cornet and not messing around on guitar hero........well, who knows?!

I'm on 'hard' now....and very pleased with myself :)

It's actually got me listening to other types of music too. I'm now a huge fan of Ozzy Osborne, Dragonforce and MJ.