Guillemots - Through the Windowpane

Discussion in 'The Rehearsal Room' started by MajorMorgan, Jul 11, 2006.

1. MajorMorgan

MajorMorgan Member

Great new album from one of my favourite new bands - and Aveley and Newham Band feature prominently on track 4, 'Redwings'.

You can download the track from iTunes if you don't want to fork out for the whole record, but it's certainly worth a listen in my opinion - great to hear a brass band being featured on such a high profile release as this.

2. Texus

Texus Member

Shame you couldn't admit that Aveley were one of your favourite bands!!
  3. johnmartin

johnmartin Active Member

I thought from the thread title you were talking about an unfortunate accident inolving a smalll seabird of the auk family. :)
  4. Cornishwomble

Cornishwomble Active Member

Guillemots are class ! I didn't realise that the album was out so will definately get onto iTunes and get it
  5. snader

snader New Member

Very cool album! I love Redwings but Trains to Brazil is probably my favourite track on the cd. My first post on here yay! :p
  6. MajorMorgan

MajorMorgan Member

I forgot to mention that I was depping for Aveley (for you of course Texus!) that night and am on the album myself - even get a bit of a feature with the sop in the third bar!

Oh yes and yesterday it was announced that the album has made the Mercury Music Prize shortlist (and may well be obscure enough to win it! Antony and the Johnsons anyone?)