Guidelines for the 'Recruitment Corner' - please read before posting!

Discussion in 'Recruitment Corner' started by dyl, Jan 13, 2005.

1. 2nd man down

2nd man down Moderator Staff Member

Hi Martin,

we don't remove posts of this nature at all, regardless of how long they've been there, however we can edit it to guide people towards the last post in the thread to view the latest requirements. Let us know if you want us to do that.

2. Martin Cordy

Martin Cordy Member

Could you please just delete the content in the previous post (ie a total edit!) rather than delete the post. If you cant do this then simply a statement saying that this is out of date and please see the post below would be great - THANKS! :D
  3. 2nd man down

2nd man down Moderator Staff Member

I'm afraid it's policy not to remove the content either (a blank recruitment opener would look pretty odd and it shows, for others, the history of the bands needs over time), however I've edited the first post to point people towards the last post in the thread for the latest requirements and contacts.

4. Martin Cordy

Martin Cordy Member

5. paulspud

paulspud Member

6. WagTheStick

WagTheStick Member

Mods (and rockers). Any chance of turning these threads (and perhaps worth considering for all) upside down i.e. most recent post first. The history would still be there for all to see but most relevant post seen on opening the thread.

Just a thought..............?
  7. Jan H

Jan H Moderator Staff Member

This is a user specific setting. In your User Options, you can change the Thread Display Style to "Linear - Newest First". I don't think it is possible to set this for each forum separately. I might be wrong though.
  8. WagTheStick

WagTheStick Member

Thank you
  9. Smiffy

Smiffy Member

10. Di

Di Active Member

Done. :)
  11. HelterSkelter

HelterSkelter Member

12. dyl

dyl Active Member

13. Dear Mods

I've just been adding a vacancy for my band listing on here. Is it posible to make the newest vacancy appear first, (in other words reverse the current order)? Failing that, might it be possible to delete old postings?

If not, might that be something tmp could consider for future development

14. TheMusicMan

TheMusicMan tMP Founder Staff Member

Steve - this can already be done...

UserCP > Edit Options > Thread Display Mode > Linear - Newest First
  15. SimonEESB

SimonEESB New Member

Dear tMP controllers,

I posted a new thread for the first time today, in the recruitment forum. I did click on the 'guidelines' sticky, but I saw the various 'help' postings and assumed it was a Q&A thing. So I missed the first message about keeping one thread for all vacancies. Could somebody amend my thread title "Epsom and Ewell band requires a bass trombone" so that it is acceptable, ie. call it "Epsom and Ewell Silver Band vacancies" or something similar...?
  16. TheMusicMan

TheMusicMan tMP Founder Staff Member

Sorted Simon... can you let me know via PM if the title is OK for you please. Ta.
  17. jimbob103

jimbob103 New Member

Recruitment Corner - Help

I'm new to this i have read some of the other questions and i'm still not to sure.

One of our band members has posted something up a while ago, if i reply to that with the current vacencies am i correct in thinking that someone from the admin team will updated it so it appears near the top?

And once i have updated do i need to let you know or will you notice?

18. Di

Di Active Member

Your post will show at the bottom of the thread, but the threads will appear in the order of the most recent post first, if that makes any sense. ;)
  19. jimbob103

jimbob103 New Member

Thanks for your help, i think i understand so will have a go.
    Last edited: Jan 7, 2009
  20. michellegarbutt

michellegarbutt Supporting Member

Hi Mod's I've just updated an old post of Murtons. Please can the title be changed to Murton Colliery Band vacancies