Guidelines for the 'Recruitment Corner' - please read before posting!

Discussion in 'Recruitment Corner' started by dyl, Jan 13, 2005.

1. Jan H

Jan H Moderator Staff Member

Something like this?
    http://www.themouthpiece.com/vb/showthread.php?p=513885

2. Cherpers

Cherpers New Member

3. andreww

andreww Member

Hi team, can someone tell me how to edit an old thread, in the lydgate band thread i dont want the top one to be there and i cant find the edit button! the title should be the second post you moved for me!

Thanks

4. dyl

dyl Active Member

You can't edit old threads! Your newer post was merged into the one you posted a few weeks ago as per the guidelines in this very thread. People are aware that the latest post in the thread is the up to date one.

5. Smiffy

Smiffy Member

6. Di

Di Active Member

Your wish is my command. ;)

Done.:)

7. Smiffy

Smiffy Member

Di

Thanks muchly for the quick response

regards

8. SMB

SMB New Member

Hi, could someone please edit the title for thread I've just added please in the recruitment section.
    Can it just read South Milford Brass, then I can keep updating our vacancies.
    Thanks

9. Di

Di Active Member

Hi, thanks for updating your current thread, :tup much appreciated. However, I'm one step ahead of you there. ;) The thread already reads "South Milford Brass - current vacancies". :biggrin:

10. RacMac

RacMac New Member

Dear Mods - Many apologies for adding yet another thread instead of updating an existing one, have at least now read the guidelines :oops: Thanks for consolidating the Barrhead threads as a result, and the title is one I can easily update as it's not too specific!

Is it possible to delete all the Barrhead entries apart from my last one on 8/6/07, as the first entry says position filled which might be confusing!

Thanks again.

11. robcav

robcav Member

Dear Mods,
    Having just checked the vacancies thread for my band Innovate Skelmanthorpe I was initially quite disconcerted to read that they had a vacancy for a solo euphonium as I've held that position for the last 18 months. Obviously, once I checked the posting date I realised that this was some considerable time ago. I also noted that, when reaching page two of the thread and finding the current recruitment message it had been edited in line with tmp guidelines. I can't help thinking though that people who may be interested in thread will click on the link and, if they are not cognisant of the posting date, will not receive the information which was originally intended. Far from keeping things clear, as your guidelines suggest, this muddies the waters. Is it not possible to delete recruitment posting which are well over twelve months old and therefore of no current interest?

12. Di

Di Active Member

Hi Rob

Sorry to hear you nearly got upset! What we try to do, and yes I'm afraid sometimes some do slip through the net, is to make sure if a thread is added to, that the title is edited either to reflect the current vacancy or to a generic "Band name - Vacancies" title. I've made sure this is the case with the Skelmanthorpe thread and have also edited the first post to point readers to the lastest post for current vacancies.

We will however discuss the points you've raised to see if we need to make any modifications to the guidelines.

Thanks for raising this. :)

13. Friezlandbb

Friezlandbb New Member

Please could you amend Friezlandbb's thread title to:

Friezland band, North West - Two Front Row Cornets

Thanks

Friezlandbb

14. Smiffy

Smiffy Member

15. Jan H

Jan H Moderator Staff Member

16. paulspud

paulspud Member

17. davem1995

davem1995 Member

18. dyl

dyl Active Member

I've edited to something which will be more consistent for future updates, if there are any!

19. PeterBale

PeterBale Moderator Staff Member

. . . and I've just merged the various threads before I saw this, and I don't know whether I left your title there or not :eek: :eek: :eek:

Current title is general, though, so should suffice!

20. Owen

Owen Member

Hi - could you please remove "Innovate" from our advert? We are now simply The Skelmanthorpe Band.

Many thanks

Owen

Last edited: Oct 1, 2007
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice