Guidelines for the 'Recruitment Corner' - please read before posting!

Discussion in 'Recruitment Corner' started by dyl, Jan 13, 2005.

1. dyl

dyl Active Member

This is a polite request on behalf of the tMP Team.

Before posting any new threads, we are asking you kindly to check if your band already has a current vacancy listed in this particularly category - and to post your update in that existing thread. We believe this will keep the whole category clean and make it much easier for bands to keep track of replies as well as making it easier for available players to look for a seat.

Of course, if there isn't an exisitng thread for your band, feel free to start a new one!

There is one possible exception to this rule: for the recruitment of a new MD, it is allowed to start a new separate thread. The need for a new MD should be clearly indicated in the thread title

Another thing which would make it easier to follow the category, is if all threads were to keep to the same format of the subject. So can we please use the following format:

Name of band, Region, Section, vacancy/vacancies

of course if updates are posted within the thread you will have to update the thread title as well. You cannot do this yourself, so just ask one of the mods, and we'll be glad to do it.

If an advertised vacancy is filled, we would also appreciate it if you could update the thread accordingly - it all helps us in keeping the category clean and up-to-date.
    If everyone were to follow these rules we believe everyone would find it much easier to navigate and search for existing vacancies.

We would appreciate your co-operation on this matter and if we see any duplicate threads or more than one thread for each band we reserve the right to act accordingly and merge or delete threads if need be. Please also be aware of the tMP Rules for Posting - particularly the following:
    Because we appreciate some Bands will be getting anxious in their quest to fill seats, we will of course take this fully into consideration when we are reviewing the Recruitment Corner - all we ask is please do not take advantage of this and constantly bump your threads, or get others (ie friends/band members) to bump them either!

we would also like to point out that the recruitment corner is not intended as a "discussion" forum. To make sure that potential players can find their way in the ads as easily as possible, we want to keep the forum as clean as possible. Chatting or general discussion can be done in other forums. Questions about the ads should be asked preferrably by PM.

As I've said earlier, if everyone were to follow these guidelines then the whole category would be much easier to control and follow.

If you have any questions about posting in this category feel free to pm any of the team or post our query in this thread.

Thanks for your co-operation.

on behalf of the tMP Team.
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 2, 2010
  2. ScaryFlugel

ScaryFlugel Member

Well I just did as I was told and edited an old posting, but my new version hasn't appeared anywhere particularly obvious! How is my smashing new euph player going to spot it?
  3. Di

Di Active Member

Sorted. ;)
  4. PeterBale

PeterBale Moderator Staff Member

If you just edit an old post, it will not register with the new date. What you need to do is add a new post to an existing thread, and that will do the trick, whilst keeping the Recruitment Corner tidy.
  5. tubafran

tubafran Active Member

Hi Peter I've just updated an old thread in line with the above however I can't see any way to amend the thread title - how is this done? It still refers to my original enquiry for players from Sheffield Universities when ideally it should now be changed to refer to our current requirements. Does this have to be changed by a mod?
  6. PeterBale

I'm not sure on that one, but I've changed it for you anyway ;)
  7. tubafran

tubafran Active Member

OK perhaps Dyl could tell us how to do this - or do we have to make our thread titles less specific? e.g. Killamarsh Silver Band - Vacancies
  8. TheMusicMan

TheMusicMan tMP Founder Staff Member

On threads that you make there is a Thread Tools drop down bar just alongside the thread title. Select edit thread from there and you can amend the title.

EDIT: Image added as attachment shown using tMP Clean style.

Attached Files:

9. Jan H

Jan H Moderator Staff Member

John, I think only mods can change thread titles!
    "normal" users do have a "thread tools" drop down menu, but it doesn't contain a "change title" functionality
  10. 2nd man down

2nd man down Moderator Staff Member

Beat me to it, I was just gonna post this myself! It still won't let me change the title of my threads.
  11. PeterBale

How about "suit", "outfit" or "get-up"?
  12. 2nd man down

2nd man down Moderator Staff Member

That's what I like about you Peter, you're such a shining wit. :rolleyes: :biggrin:
  13. dyl

dyl Active Member

Ok thanks for pointing out the anomaly folks - we'll look into it, and may possibly have to amend the guidelines.

Got the same poblem too, can someone update the Chapel Band thread to have the new thread title please?

15. angei

angei Member

Me too! Could the Norfolk Wherry Brass thread title please be amended to read:
    Norfolk Wherry Brass - Cornets and Bb Bass Wanted!

Thanks very much!
  16. Di

Di Active Member

Done. :)
  17. angei

angei Member

Thanks Di! :clap:
  18. meandmycornet

meandmycornet Active Member

can someone change the title of my thread please? 'Musical Director Required - South Molton Town Band' would do lovely!
  19. meandmycornet

meandmycornet Active Member

ok don't worry... it did it itself! :tongue:
  20. Jan H

Jan H Moderator Staff Member

No, I did it ;)